Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
No relation to what's gone on with Baines and Moyes. Whelan invites these bids. We
haven't with Baines.

Come on Dave not many transfers are done because they are 'invited'. Lets not be naive. Our board will either have a valuation of Baines in mind or they will decide that he is going nowhere. Its just football. No doubt Martinez will bid for players without it being 'invited'. Lets not be so precious about it.

The board created this problem themselves by leaving the stable door open in January tbh. Let them deal with it.

Come on Dave not many transfers are done because they are 'invited'. Lets not be naive. Our board will either have a valuation of Baines in mind or they will decide that he is going nowhere. Its just football. No doubt Martinez will bid for players without it being 'invited'. Lets not be so precious about it.

The board created this problem themselves by leaving the stable door open in January tbh. Let them deal with it.

I think this will be player and ex-manager driven. On this occasion you have to wonder whether Kenwright would want the sale of Baines given we have Fellaini in hand to provide our transfer budget. Baines is crucial, even Billy Liar knows that. He'd be concerned to tie him down on a contract, yes, but not sell at this stage. I think we'll sell in the end though because Baines will no doubt wnat to go.

I think there's a big difference between Martinez going for Kone and Moyes trying to strip away Baines with an insulting bid.

The general football fan will assume that Moyes placed the £12 million bid a la Football Manager, when in reality he would have spoken to Ed Woodward with targets (Baines being one of them) and Manchester United would then come up with a price. Still shady from Moyes, but anyone who thinks this is Moyes coming up with the 10-12 million figure need to log out of FM2013 and give their head a wobble.

As Baines supposedly rejected united last year, you have to feel that Moyes maybe the difference this time, being united boss.

My biggest worry about Motes leaving was top players following, I doubt Baines would be leaving if Moyes was still our boss.

So u don't think they would have asked the ex manager of Everton how much they should bid for one of their players?

Of course not

As Baines supposedly rejected united last year, you have to feel that Moyes maybe the difference this time, being united boss.

My biggest worry about Motes leaving was top players following, I doubt Baines would be leaving if Moyes was still our boss.
ha ha ha ha

If anything the opposite mate, it was only last week Baines was singing the praises of Martinez coming in with different ideas and he was excited by it. It came across as a little dig at Moyes in my opinion.

If anything the opposite mate, it was only last week Baines was singing the praises of Martinez coming in with different ideas and he was excited by it. It came across as a little dig at Moyes in my opinion.

I thought the same thing mate.

To me, in all of his recent quotes, it came across as him saying cheers for everything Moyes because we have some great players and spirit but now we're gonna play some proper sexy attacking football.

int_121115_Leighton_Baines_on_the_Zlatan_factor.jp  g

[video=youtube_share;ZbBprURPYFA]http://youtu.be/ZbBprURPYFA[/video]

I wouldn't be surprised if it is United officials that have messed up here without realising it. Whether Moyes' contract has already been terminated or not, they should have waited until next week before making this bid by whatever means they used, even if it was just for propriety's sake.

was at a do with some United fans talking about Moyes yesterday. They do see him completely as a puppet and maybe they are right. If there has been any sounding out about Baines then I think it is possibly just a continuation of everything that has been going on for a couple of years. they must have people agitating for moves by using the media 24/7 and a huge organisation like that means they are probably not all in touch with what is going on in other areas. all of these clubs who have become empires run very fluidly and Moyes probably will just be watching things happening around him for quite awhile. crucial thing is still if Baines and the club say no then its no

Let's be right here, if United offer £18-20m & Baines whilst not asking to leave, also makes it plain that he won't sign a new contract, then I can't see how they'll turn it down. They'll need to get a commitment out of him if he's to stay imo, as next summer he'll only have 12 months left & will be worth nowhere near the kind of money that he is this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back