Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a lack of respect from Moyes, Brenda paid £15million for Joe Allen. £15million!!!

It's down to whether he can persuade him to sign a new contract, because that's what the board are bothered about...if not cashing in now, then certainly preserving some value for a sale later.

All told though I dont think, as others have said, this bid goes in from Moyes if he hadn't sounded out Baines. No chance in fact. The choreography is set out well in advance here, the only thing that remains an issue is the price we get. If Everton have Baines stripped away for less than £20M then that's down to the weakness of our board...and the disgraceful act of ginger Judas coming back to asset strip the club which is so 'special' to him.

I don't believe Moyes had sounded out Baines, Moyes is naïve in the window cos he likes to do it with respect and follow the rules. Baines interview had made Moyes panic. Lets remember no bid might not have come in yet, I recken this is media talk by Man u to unsettle the player and make him delay contacts talks with Everton. Man u will not bid 20 million for a LB who is 29 this year, no chance. They will want Baines to follow Van Persie lead and refuse to sign a contact and tell them he only want to join Man u, this will be to test Baines on how much he wants to join Man u.

I don't believe Moyes had sounded out Baines, Moyes is naïve in the window cos he likes to do it with respect and follow the rules. Baines interview had made Moyes panic. Lets remember no bid might not have come in yet, I recken this is media talk by Man u to unsettle the player and make him delay contacts talks with Everton. Man u will not bid 20 million for a LB who is 29 this year, no chance. They will want Baines to follow Van Persie lead and refuse to sign a contact and tell them he only want to join Man u, this will be to test Baines on how much he wants to join Man u.

Baines wont do a van Persie.

IMO, the deal will have been agreed in principle already: all of the major players in it will know the outcome by now, it's just the dance that has to be completed now for the sake of the fans. Low bid followed by whatever is thought 'reasonable' and that'll be sold to all of us as the best possible deal and Baines will walk away with our blessings.

As I say, just the price and what's deemed 'reasonable' now. He's our best player and we dont sell cheap. It's ok saying United wont buy for £20M+ but that's the value of him to us when Moyes was here and that's the problem the board have in settling for anything less. I think we might get £15-18M in the end with a player thrown in. Dependent on who that player was that might be the best option...and no untried players like Buttner.

Baines was consistent last season but towards the end of the season I was loving the attacking ability of Coleman down the right. Despite all the stats about Baines creating more chances than anyone in Europe last season, I thought his previous season was more impressive in attacking and defensive situations. Let's face it he's the absolute dogs in the final third but his back post defensive work isn't ground breaking and in terms of actual defending he's no Paolo Maldini. If we can get anything towards £18 million then surely we would have to consider this. Rather the fella stay though.

Baines was consistent last season but towards the end of the season I was loving the attacking ability of Coleman down the right. Despite all the stats about Baines creating more chances than anyone in Europe last season, I thought his previous season was more impressive in attacking and defensive situations. Let's face it he's the absolute dogs in the final third but his back post defensive work isn't ground breaking and in terms of actual defending he's no Paolo Maldini. If we can get anything towards £18 million then surely we would have to consider this. Rather the fella stay though.

Can't disagree with that. I love Baines, he's my favourite player of our current bunch (all time has to be Cahill), but for around £18m we'd be stupid not to consider it. He's 29 soon, and although he could end up playing every prem game for the next 5 years, it's very unlikely. For that kind of money we could easily bring in a great LB while having plenty of cash left to spend in other areas.

Can't disagree with that. I love Baines, he's my favourite player of our current bunch (all time has to be Cahill), but for around £18m we'd be stupid not to consider it. He's 29 soon, and although he could end up playing every prem game for the next 5 years, it's very unlikely. For that kind of money we could easily bring in a great LB while having plenty of cash left to spend in other areas.
There doesn't seem to be many great LB around tho, I would rather have 5 years with Baines then the money, he doesn't miss a game.

There doesn't seem to be many great LB around tho, I would rather have 5 years with Baines then the money, he doesn't miss a game.

Yeah but what if the injuries that he's been carrying get the better of him? It's a huge risk, and I'm not sure if it's one we can afford to take - despite how much I'd love him to stay with us.

Love how anytime a player leaves us a large number say "he wasn't all that".

Expects the same against fellaini when he goes.

I know the England team aren't rated very highly but it's kinda nice having Leighton playing for them,we don't have
Many Players in the England team nowadays,just a thought like

Love how anytime a player leaves us a large number say "he wasn't all that".

Expects the same against fellaini when he goes.
Lets be honest now, Baines is a class act and he will miss him, the only positive we can take his age and 18 million. Fellaini been hit and miss this season, turns up when he wants and sometimes he cant be bothered, believes he bigger then us and is ambitious. I wouldn't have sold him last summer, this summer I'm not arsed anymore.

Its disgusting really, a manager of another club wanting one of our players. Putting an official bid in and everything. And he used to be the Everyon manager too. Its a joke really.

I just hope we can get Kone to agitate even more for a move to us so we can steal him for next to nothing.

Its disgusting really, a manager of another club wanting one of our players. Putting an official bid in and everything. And he used to be the Everyon manager too. Its a joke really.

I just hope we can get Kone to agitate even more for a move to us so we can steal him for next to nothing.

No relation to what's gone on with Baines and Moyes. Whelan invites these bids. We haven't with Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back