Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Dunc didn't want to leave, but was sold anyway. It happens.

Moyes knows our financial situation more than most, and just like he used the Rooney fee to build his side, there is a chance Martinez would want to do the same.

If the club have to sell Baines, they'll sell him. Whether he wants to go or not. I don't think things are financially quite that bad, though.

He'll probably go if £18m+ is on the table but he shouldn't, he's worth more than that to us. I'd rather he signs a new deal and leaves for nout when he's 34.

If both he and Fellaini go than its probably a very early watershed moment in Martinez career. He'll have the best part of £40m to play around with and if he buys 5 good solid players to replace them he's off to a flyer. If he buys flops, he probably won't ever see that kind of money again and won't be able to undo his mistakes.

Moyes knows our financial situation more than most, and just like he used the Rooney fee to build his side, there is a chance Martinez would want to do the same.

If the club have to sell Baines, they'll sell him. Whether he wants to go or not. I don't think things are financially quite that bad, though.

Yeah Dunc was sold but that was under Peter Johnson, to be fair I recken only Rodwell was sold who would have stayed under Kenwright. Mikel, Rooney, Pieanaar and Lescott all wanted to leave and we didn't have to sell any of them.

Which is a good point, with his inside knowledge of the club bidding 12 mill tells me an awfull lot. Still an insult and an abomanation btw.

That said though, the strategy could be to turnm Leightons head and agitate for move.

I would say that we are financially okay and not in need of a massive upheaval as we were when Ferguson and Rooney went. Martinez has at least a regular top half place to live up to and won't take massive gambles with personnel unless forced on him I reckon. He will also know from experience that the players he wants may want to be playing with quality like Baines

What we have to remember is that Man u wont pay 18+ for a player who is 29 this year, no chance. They will be relying on Baines to ask for a move and get him for around 15 million the most. They paid 25 million last year for RVP who is 30 next month. Lets hope Baines agent is one of the good ones. 45 million on two players about to hit 30 is not good business.

Last edited:
just out of interest... seeing how the media won't stop trying to sell our best players and fans won't stop jumping on the bandwagon, how long will it take roughly for the panic about Baines going to die down to allow the panic about selling Ross Barkley to start

Well that's that then he must be staying!

No offence mate but he's hardly gonna give an interview and say "well I've given enough for Everton, its a new era with a new manager, but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed moyes try's to take me utd"

Come on mate, players in general say what wants to be heard in interviews.

You've offered as much evidence that he's going as Jags and me have that he's staying....ZERO.

You have no idea, so don't pretend otherwise.

Also, don't forget, it's Everton FC, not Moyes FC.

just out of interest... seeing how the media won't stop trying to sell our best players and fans won't stop jumping on the bandwagon, how long will it take roughly for the panic about Baines going to die down to allow the panic about selling Ross Barkley to start

This won't happen until he gets his first full England cap.

Which is a good point, with his inside knowledge of the club bidding 12 mill tells me an awfull lot. Still an insult and an abomanation btw.

That said though, the strategy could be to turnm Leightons head and agitate for move.

But its in Evertons court, without the approval and agreement of the club nothing happens.

They need their say so first and foremost.

But its in Evertons court, without the approval and agreement of the club nothing happens.

Its in our court until Baines says I want to move, then Man u will force us into accepting 15 million but I have faith that Baines wont do this like Rooney and Lescott.

Call me naive, but I think that's exactly right. Plenty of players would spit their dummy out and force a move, but I don't see Baines doing that if the club says 'no.' He strikes me as a lad with integrity.

As soon as Moyes became United manager I thought "Well Baines or Felli are off there then, or even both"

Now it looks like Baines will go, I've come to the conclusion that I'd rather he stay and Felli go

Felli is a great player but if we got 20 Million for him, there's a wealth of CM's out there we could bid on. Good LB's are much harder to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back