Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon Baines will stay with you lot, hope he doesn't go to that lot anyway. But I'm not sure if Moyes himself made the bid, but one of the many backroom staff that those lot seem to have. He may be at a snide club now but I don't think he'd show a club he obviously has a strong emotional bond with so much disrespect. He will have had his eye on Baines, I think that's natural, but would he even be allowed to make bids for Man U if he's not even technically their manager yet.

Just my two cents anyway. If he is actually responsible then he's already fitting in well at that club by being sly and deceitful, but anything is possible whilst the only proof of him making this bid is hearsay.

Actually going by what I saw of Glastonbury on BBC I think Baines has already left Everton to join the Arctic Monkeys...oh wait, that was Miles Kane.:lol:

We can't accept an offer before we have a manager who starts on Monday or we speak to the player who comes back Wednesday. If the player doesn't want to go but we agree a price before he is back from holiday this will make him feel unwanted by the club and he will definitely go.

moyes is being very sneaky here. I can't stand him now even more than when he was boring us to death as our manager.

Would it be cynical to think that Moyes will have Baines's phone number and if he didn't want to leave no bid would have been made.

Would it be cynical to think that Moyes will have Baines's phone number and if he didn't want to leave no bid would have been made.

Very good point mate. If moyes new baines wasn't for leaving why bid? Pretty sure from his time here he will know which players would be up for moving.

Very good point mate. If moyes new baines wasn't for leaving why bid? Pretty sure from his time here he will know which players would be up for moving.
Baines gave an interview 24 hours before talking about how he looking forward to work under Martinez and play decent football. This had made Moyes panic.

highly cynical. if Moyes believes Baines wants to go then that means that the two of them were plotting for a long time together knowing this bigger picture that they have been hiding from everyone else at the club. two people, no matter what you think of them generally, who appear to have more integrity than the rest of us. if he has phoned him up on the off chance then imagine the potential trouble he would be getting into. as just been posted its not much difference from same old stuff every year and the reality is we are very rarely forced to sell a player. so the key things we know are this, that we have publically said we will not sell and that the player has made no move to indicate he wants to go. armed with this most people are deciding he is on his way. I would hate to have you all on a jury. has there even been a bid? maybe, but other than a circle of reports just quoting an initial source I am not convinced.
I used to catch some Tranmere games when younger but couldn't stand a section of the fans relentless misery when any player looked good for a few games and the talk was immediately about how they would be on their way. more justification for it for them, but they did a lot better when this was drowned out by passion and support for whoever was there. we have a squad of players who are set for life. all of them. no need for this. players heads are turned but until it happens can all this negativity at least have some substance to it.

the tactical discussion is interesting. teams have exploited our ambitions going forward using our full back at times. I am more worried that it has meant we have in the past stopped using these crucial weapons when its looked like happening and invited pressure rather than remained a threat ourselves. Its possible Martinez has looked at this and is aware that Baines and Coleman need to be given more license even. a sweeper or three at the back could well be ideal for them both. I think the partnership that Pienaar and Baines have could be overstated now. I would much rather a roaming Mirallas switching wings and someone who can cover on either flanks at the back

I think he'll go for around £18-20m. Possibly £18m with Buttner actually, something like that.

But, like you, I'd respect Moyes more for doing it. It's the action of a winner, who doesn't give a crap about anything other than winning. Given I definitely don't believe Moyes is a winner, it'd be a surprise, but it'd definitely earn a bit of respect from me, and I might begin to think he's possibly up for the job at Old Trafford.

That said, I still 110% believe he's going to bottle it massively and finish 3rd next year. That's where you and I differ really ;)
So you respect a manager who been told he not for sale to come back with a low bid, are you mental? and this proves he a winner. Have you ordered your Man u top?

Baines gave an interview 24 hours before talking about how he looking forward to work under Martinez and play decent football. This had made Moyes panic.

Well that's that then he must be staying!

No offence mate but he's hardly gonna give an interview and say "well I've given enough for Everton, its a new era with a new manager, but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed moyes try's to take me utd"

Come on mate, players in general say what wants to be heard in interviews.

No offence mate but he's hardly gonna give an interview and say "well I've given enough for Everton, its a new era with a new manager, but I'm just keeping my fingers crossed moyes try's to take me utd"

Players on the move don't usually even give interviews, they remain silent. He came out and said he spoke to Martinez and cant wait to play progressive football under Martinez.This was released by Man u to unsettle the player as we enter contact talks.

its not hundred per cent proof he is staying but it provides no evidence he is leaving which some people seem to be suggesting and gives an indication of how out of touch with reality those views are. I would say that no player wants to makes himself look like a turncoat, especially not someone like Baines, so why do it? probably means nothing but if it means anything then its an indication he is staying as is the endless merchandise with him all over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back