Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be interesting, i suspect loads is going on in unoffical contact, how hard would it be for Moyes to speak to Baines unofficaly, not very. Hes obviously got a feel he would be open to a move and knows the threshold of selling him from an Everton point of view.

With all of this i would be surprised if he stays, that said i dont think Leighton is one to agitate, so the board may be in a pickle in the sense, that they usually like to pin it on the player agitiating for a move etc when cashing in.

Id be surprised if hes a Goodison come the end of August.

It will be interesting, i suspect loads is going on in unoffical contact, how hard would it be for Moyes to speak to Baines unofficaly, not very. Hes obviously got a feel he would be open to a move and knows the threshold of selling him from an Everton point of view.

With all of this i would be surprised if he stays, that said i dont think Leighton is one to agitate, so the board may be in a pickle in the sense, that they usually like to pin it on the player agitiating for a move etc when cashing in.

Id be surprised if hes a Goodison come the end of August.
Who are we talking about here? Lescott wanted to leave, Rooney was begging to go, Pienaar wanted to leave. I'm confused.

Here 11 years, and then comes back within two weeks to get the clubs best player, even after the chairman who has always backed him to the hilt specifically asked him not to. What a shthouse

Exactly. And add to that he does this snidely **** whilst still being employed by Everton.

What an embarrassing read.

Anyway if Baines goes (and according to SSN he will if the price is right) the blame should lie fairly and squarely with our unambitious owner(s) who for beards now have had in place a policy to sell our best players to keep the club afloat and protect their investment. Just hearing on the news yesterday about how Green managed to avoid £300m in tax recently by doing a deal in his wife's name. This is what we have behind the running of the club, if not directly. FFS United and their manager are trying to take advantage of that, as would any business. Bill and his board must be laughing at fans who are fuming with Moyes for coming back for one of our players as it lets them off the hook. Direct your fume towards the right people. Bigger picture lids.

I think the Board have a lot to answer for yes. But don't let that detract from the bloody shameful way in which Moyes has acted. Kenwright had nothing to do with United putting a bid in for Baines

Would people accept selling Baines and fellaini and using to pay our complete debt off and not buy replacements. Thus giving us a season or 2 of lower half finishes but benefiting us hugely going forward?

Would people accept selling Baines and fellaini and using to pay our complete debt off and not buy replacements. Thus giving us a season or 2 of lower half finishes but benefiting us hugely going forward?

NO, as we know we will just be back in debt in 5 years anyway.

I'd be amazed if a publicly leaked bid being placed by Moyes United, has been done without a conversation being had with the player himself. Unfortunately I think we're going to lose him and the only thing that might change that is United fail to meet our fee demands.

Not a chance.

Being debt free wouldn't benefit anyone other than the shareholders.

Martinez has barely been mentioned in the last few pages of this thread and he is the manager of Everton FC, not David Moyes.

Bill Kenwright generally supports his manager as well as he can and lets his manager make the decisions about buying and selling.It happened with David Moyes,it will happen with Roberto Martinez.

So...the question is how badly does Martinez want to keep Baines ? If he genuinely wants to keep him I don't see him being sold because David Moyes has always been slow to take a risk and 20m(that imo should be the quoted price) for a player who is 29 next birthday is a risk..a big one.

I think it will come down to the plans that Martinez has in mind,is he genuinely happy with the squad or does he want a budget to sign players.
Of course the Fellaini situation must also be considered,if he is going to leave then Martinez does now have a budget and can really hold tough over Baines.

Either way ,I find it very strange that David Moyes has bid for an Everton player while still technically an Everton player. This reported bid has not been confirmed by either club. Given there was a very good relationship between Moyes and Bill Kenwright I feel that a bid would come from a call directly from Moyes to Kenwright. I cannot help but feel that this may not be as big a story as the media are trying to make out.

Not a chance.

Being debt free wouldn't benefit anyone other than the shareholders.

Course it would! It would give us a far better chance to borrow money for a stadium, it would also give the manager more money to spend each season under the new FFP rules coming in.

We lose money every year. It has to stop. Moyes increased our debt and wages hugely for the sum of **** all. We have to change direction I'm afraid

Martinez has barely been mentioned in the last few pages of this thread and he is the manager of Everton FC, not David Moyes.

Bill Kenwright generally supports his manager as well as he can and lets his manager make the decisions about buying and selling.It happened with David Moyes,it will happen with Roberto Martinez.

So...the question is how badly does Martinez want to keep Baines ? If he genuinely wants to keep him I don't see him being sold because David Moyes has always been slow to take a risk and 20m(that imo should be the quoted price) for a player who is 29 next birthday is a risk..a big one.

I think it will come down to the plans that Martinez has in mind,is he genuinely happy with the squad or does he want a budget to sign players.
Of course the Fellaini situation must also be considered,if he is going to leave then Martinez does now have a budget and can really hold tough over Baines.

Either way ,I find it very strange that David Moyes has bid for an Everton player while still technically an Everton player. This reported bid has not been confirmed by either club. Given there was a very good relationship between Moyes and Bill Kenwright I feel that a bid would come from a call directly from Moyes to Kenwright. I cannot help but feel that this may not be as big a story as the media are trying to make out.

It's down to whether he can persuade him to sign a new contract, because that's what the board are bothered about...if not cashing in now, then certainly preserving some value for a sale later.

All told though I dont think, as others have said, this bid goes in from Moyes if he hadn't sounded out Baines. No chance in fact. The choreography is set out well in advance here, the only thing that remains an issue is the price we get. If Everton have Baines stripped away for less than £20M then that's down to the weakness of our board...and the disgraceful act of ginger Judas coming back to asset strip the club which is so 'special' to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back