Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

even if united bid for him, it's not certain he will go. lcab seems to think it'll be around the £18 mill mark and united will eventually bid but reiterates no contact has been made yet. I'd believe him over a guy who USE to work for sky sorry. Baines isn't going to push through a move, i know it's easier said than done but if we ask for £25 mil, reasonable price i believe, then united may go elsewhere

Well i got told last night that there's been no bids atm by THT but he didnt know wether it would eventually happen or not but did say this rumour would run all summer as the "press" want this move to happen.

And i also heard that cos of the new TV deal that will be in place by next season, the goal posts have moved with regards to us being willing to let a Baines or Felli go this summer. I heard that we was willing to sell Baines this summer for around £18m but cos of the extra income coming in from the new TV deal were not as willing to sell and the price for him as gone up and he will only go if that price is met?!.

So we'll see what happens?. And someone on twitter last night claimed Man United would sign someone the media hasnt reported yet before there tour and he believed it would either be Witsel or Fellaini as both are available?!. This coming from someone who told THT & LCAB on twitter to just wait and see in the coming weeks when Bainsey moves to United for £12m!. Haha.

FootballFirst â€￾@FootballFirstUK

Dont rule out Witsel or Fellaini . Very quiet on both... But both are available

if they dare to sell him Im expecting that the plan B is freaking awesome.
This isn't quite realistic, though....

well whatever happens our left back position will be worse, there is NO-ONE we could buy who would better/as good as baines

Still can't see the necessity for them to buy him really. Especially given that they aren't that rich and we will (hopefully) demand something extortionate.

Same person claiming Baines is close now.

People saying Baines is close now... Ive said for a few days the negotiations were moving ahead. I expect it soon...

Tbf to him, he's stuck to his guns on the Baines to united rumours but for £12m, he's got to be having a laugh?!!. In another tweet, he's claiming united could sign either Baines or Cissokho of Lyon, lets hope it's the later aye!.

well whatever happens our left back position will be worse, there is NO-ONE we could buy who would better/as good as baines

A few people on twitter think Garbutt is ready to step up already if Baines goes but im just not sure?! Baines before he became a regular was more experienced and better than Garbutt and look how long it took Moyes to make him a regular?!!

Same person claiming Baines is close now.

People saying Baines is close now... Ive said for a few days the negotiations were moving ahead. I expect it soon...

Tbf to him, he's stuck to his guns on the Baines to united rumours but for £12m, he's got to be having a laugh?!!. In another tweet, he's claiming united could sign either Baines or Cissokho of Lyon, lets hope it's the later aye!.
Cissokho would seem to me to be the better option if I was United. He's younger and has European experience. Don't think he is better, but probably cheaper.

I was thinking about this, this morning. I really rate Baines- very good player, great pro and a decent fella. But.. If we really have to sell someone and its between Fellaini and Baines then Im sorry to say I would let Leighton go.

I hate having to sell our players I really do, I just honestly think Fellaini is that good we cannot let him go. We have an excellent spine to the team in my opinion:

Howard
heitinga/Distin/Jags
Fellaini
Jelavic

If we can add some quality around those positions I truly believe we are a match for anyone in the premier league. If selling Baines means we can add quality then Im afraid he may have to be sacrificed :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back