Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're happy with Baines and you're happy with the style of football we turn up with most games. Ok, I get it.

Baines for me is sinking fast, the football is in an embarrassment to the name of this club.

Never the twain shall meet, I suppose.

You never thought Martinez was a problem, you do think Baines is.

Fair enough Dave, 99% of blues disagree with you mind.

You never thought Martinez was a problem, you do think Baines is.

Fair enough Dave, 99% of blues disagree with you mind.
Baines is a problem mate. I don't think 99% disagree with that any longer. He's finished as a top LB. if we have pretensions of moving on to better days we have to upgrade in that position.

I don't think Robertson at Hull is top class, but I'd have him instead of Baines in a heartbeat.

Don't let sentiment get in the way of practical decision making.

Baines is a problem mate. I don't think 99% disagree with that any longer. He's finished as a top LB. if we have pretensions of moving on to better days we have to upgrade in that position.

I don't think Robertson at Hull is top class, but I'd have him instead of Baines in a heartbeat.

Baines isn't that much of a problem - he is not 2011 - 2014 Baines but he's not a problem, he will be in two seasons time. If he is a problem Robertson is not the answer, neither is Garbutt.

There are better LB's outside the club but that is true of most teams and most positions.

His pinpoint cross was the reason we got a point tonight and he also has an assist against Arsenal. Our combined midfield has contributed less in the same games.

Baines isn't that much of a problem - he is not 2011 - 2014 Baines but he's not a problem, he will be in two seasons time. If he is a problem Robertson is not the answer, neither is Garbutt.

There are better LB's outside the club but that is true of most teams and most positions.

His pinpoint cross was the reason we got a point tonight and he also has an assist against Arsenal. Our combined midfield has contributed less in the same games.
He's a defender who can't defend. I'd say that makes him a huge problem.

He was the more reserved of the fullbacks again tonight. He's said RK expects one to hold back if the other is attacking. So why is he caught in no man's land all the time?

best player vs Hull by some margin. only person who can pick a pass/cross. free kick not hia fault in the slightest.

responsible for 6 of 27 points this year or 22% of our points. essentially that is 1/5 and for 11 players in a team, he is essentially worth 2. makes sense since he is constantly covering for centre halves.
best player vs Hull by some margin. only person who can pick a pass/cross. free kick not hia fault in the slightest.

responsible for 6 of 27 points this year or 22% of our points. essentially that is 1/5 and for 11 players in a team, he is essentially worth 2. makes sense since he is constantly covering for centre halves.

Yeh completely agree, and still getting back to his best.

Spot on

Ha ha. "Total fraud". I love that insult applied to a manager with a proven PL record with this club, but you think a duffer like Koeman who wants to drag us back to the footballing dark ages is the real deal.

FFS, you couldn't make this up. A manager who's won more trophies than we as a club have for 20 years and gave us our record season points total is a fraud.

Stop it mate. You're making a fool of yourself. Stick to the Eastern European football player scouting. You're not bad at that.

You for real? A manager with a proven record? Record points ? The only thing that was PROVEN was that his first season was a fluke and the league was poor that year. His premiere league record shows that the longer he stays at a club ... year on year... the goals conceded column increases ... he devided the fan base and had us playing dour boring possession football by the end... he lost the players... talked bull after every game.... and signed niasse. He bottled both semi finals and our defence couldn't hold onto a 2goal lead with 10 mins left... we got raped in the derby .... and he played Howard.... he would have got us relagated IMO... lukaku wouldn't be here... and he would still be telling people ross is as good as zidane.... his fa cup win may be more than we have won in 20 years... but that was a fluke .... and he also got relagated the next week after winning it. His substitutions were baffling and his ignorance and arrogance were shocking... on top of all that he cost us millions to get in and then even more to sack... he was a terrible appointment ...

Practical decision making? Yet you still believe el fraudo should be in charge? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back