Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Koeman stuck with the back 3 we'd have seen a lot more of Coleman and Baines - still the best attacking wing back pairing in the league, as we saw against Arsenal when the defensive shackles were finally released for the first time under Koeman.

Regardless of his unfounded whipping boy status Mori is much better than Jags AND Williams at the mo because he provides pace, enabling us to play a higher line and get these two into attacking areas and give opposition defences more to think about without the constant nagging doubt of Williams, Jags and Barry being caught for pace on the break.

If Koeman stuck with the back 3 we'd have seen a lot more of Coleman and Baines - still the best attacking wing back pairing in the league, as we saw against Arsenal when the defensive shackles were finally released for the first time under Koeman.

Regardless of his unfounded whipping boy status Mori is much better than Jags AND Williams at the mo because he provides pace, enabling us to play a higher line and get these two into attacking areas and give opposition defences more to think about without the constant nagging doubt of Williams, Jags and Barry being caught for pace on the break.

Yep. I'm not mad on Funes Mori but this is 100% correct.

Yep. I'm not mad on Funes Mori but this is 100% correct.

Holgate AND Mori for the win! Totally fed up with the other two by now. Williams ranting at Mirallas when he was at fault, as highlighted on Sky's half time coverage, was the final the final straw for me. Defensive General my arse.

When Jags and Williams were in their prime football was a completely different game to what it is now. In addition to Barry they can easily be defined as football dinosaurs going forward. Mori and Holgate would at least put the opposition on the front foot, although maybe I'm guilty of a dose of the Martinez-es on that one!

....he provided the golden moment of the match for me. Not the cross for Barkleys header but the delay and time he took to pick the player out. He still shows touches of the little maestro footballer and in that couple of seconds he made this old fella appreciative of the beautiful game.

Thank you Mr Baines.

Baines is a problem mate. I don't think 99% disagree with that any longer. He's finished as a top LB. if we have pretensions of moving on to better days we have to upgrade in that position.

I don't think Robertson at Hull is top class, but I'd have him instead of Baines in a heartbeat.

Don't let sentiment get in the way of practical decision making.

Yea he struggles to get forward these days. Still has a decent cross but Rom has given up any heading opportunities to Valencia, who is 2'9". Does still take an excellent pen though. Not sure why he was ever taken off of that duty in the 1st place.

Yea he struggles to get forward these days. Still has a decent cross but Rom has given up any heading opportunities to Valencia, who is 2'9". Does still take an excellent pen though. Not sure why he was ever taken off of that duty in the 1st place.

...I think both full backs are under orders not to carelessly go forward. It's cost us so many games in the past few seasons, I'm sure they are acting under orders. It might also explain the reluctance to play Deulofeu on the same side as Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back