Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea he struggles to get forward these days. Still has a decent cross but Rom has given up any heading opportunities to Valencia, who is 2'9". Does still take an excellent pen though. Not sure why he was ever taken off of that duty in the 1st place.
He's the past. We need this to be his last season as a starter. He basically now is one of those NFL kickers brought on to do one simple task - in this case take pens.

...I think both full backs are under orders not to carelessly go forward. It's cost us so many games in the past few seasons, I'm sure they are acting under orders. It might also explain the reluctance to play Deulofeu on the same side as Coleman.

They are. I think Coleman has quite a bit more freedom. Baines has just never been that much of a defender so you aren't really gaining much advantage having him. Still think he's decent but its pretty much the beginning of the end for him.

What a player he has been for Everton.
Certainly has, just looking at his playing history on Wiki, nigh on 10 years at the club, 355 appearances. And to think, before him we had pistone, Valente, and naysmith. Lescott aswell, but I liked his gungho approach to being a fullback so wont mention him in the same sentence as the previous 3.

Bainsy does not get enough credit. The calmness in taking penalty, the tackle (the desire) to win the ball for Davies to assist Rom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back