Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played well yesterday I thought. He probably suffers a bit as he's naturally compared with Coleman on the other flank, who gets forward a lot and is at his peak at the moment. He still has class though and showed some really nice touches, especially in the first half.

...ah, the little maestro. I feared Sterling might give him a difficult time but Baines coped really well. I think the game is getting increasingly tough for him from a physical perspective, playing against those big guys week in week out, season in season out does take its toll but he can still play a bit.

He played well yesterday I thought. He probably suffers a bit as he's naturally compared with Coleman on the other flank, who gets forward a lot and is at his peak at the moment. He still has class though and showed some really nice touches, especially in the first half.
he got us out of a few tight spots in that first half, broke up decent moves and was able to get the ball out with grit and skill without resorting to hoofing it. Very important player for us, he offers so much more than just the attacking bits high up the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back