Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say if we go out and get (and I am plucking out names a la Football Manager here so feel free to laugh me off the forum):

Rooney
Hart
Mahrez
Strootman
Koulibaly

Then we'd be showcasing some serious ambition. Wouldn't you agree?
Hart is the only name there we'd stand a reasonable chance of bringing in.

I'd say if we go out and get (and I am plucking out names a la Football Manager here so feel free to laugh me off the forum):

Rooney
Hart
Mahrez
Strootman
Koulibaly

Then we'd be showcasing some serious ambition. Wouldn't you agree?

About £150m there MkFrand and we won't be spending that without selling Lukaku or Barkley

Hart is the only name there we'd stand a reasonable chance of bringing in.

About £150m there MkFrand and we won't be spending that without selling Lukaku or Barkley
Absolutely - as a list of targets it's bordering on laughable.
The point i am making is - if we spend some serious dough on 4 or 5 players but this doesn't include replacements for Baines and Williams - it would still be evidence as a summer showcasing our ambition.
Yay or nay?

Cant see us buying any of those mentioned tbh with poss exception of Rooney. I can see us having a gross budget of £150m though without selling Rom or Ross. I can see Macca Mori Del Snivs Niasse Lennon and maybe upto 7/8 of the U23s going which could raise 80m or more. We certainly need to spend £150m if we're going to trouble top 4 next season.

Anyway back on topic. How's Baines' back. Who's gonna play LB if he's out for a while.

Cant see us buying any of those mentioned tbh with poss exception of Rooney. I can see us having a gross budget of £150m though without selling Rom or Ross. I can see Macca Mori Del Snivs Niasse Lennon and maybe upto 7/8 of the U23s going which could raise 80m or more. We certainly need to spend £150m if we're going to trouble top 4 next season.

Anyway back on topic. How's Baines' back. Who's gonna play LB if he's out for a while.

You know what I think Seve Koemastelleros really likes McCarthy, won't sell him, and that's the bulk of your £80m. Del will go for £10m or so with all those complicated clauses. Niasse less than £10m. The Sniveller fee has been agreed at 8m already. Funes Mori might raise a bit to be fair, but he'd only go to mid tier clubs in Italy or Spain where there isn't much money.

Baines looks like he's on the way down fairly rapidly and will need replacing unfortunately.

You know what I think Seve Koemastelleros really likes McCarthy, won't sell him, and that's the bulk of your £80m. Del will go for £10m or so with all those complicated clauses. Niasse less than £10m. The Sniveller fee has been agreed at 8m already. Funes Mori might raise a bit to be fair, but he'd only go to mid tier clubs in Italy or Spain where there isn't much money.

Baines looks like he's on the way down fairly rapidly and will need replacing unfortunately.

You monster.

Just get Robertson in from Hull. He'll be cheap enough and he is a solid citizen. Get's stuck into wide men, great work rate and can get forward.

FBs should never be superstars. They're there to do a job of work. This lad can do that for us. And if we dont get him in some other decent PL team will.

I spent the first 15 minutes racking my brain over Seve Koemastelleros. Even googled him ffs:).

You could well be right Orly. I happen to think that we have 5 similar players (Gana Schneids Macca Besic and Davies) and the one we would miss least and still attract a good fee is Macca. But I would then replace him with another midfielder with different skill set. Specifically Tielemans if we could get him. But if we don't sell him them no need for a replacement so it brings the budget down too.

What about Baines though. It's all very quiet on his injury. Don't fancy Mori there tbh.

Just get Robertson in from Hull. He'll be cheap enough and he is a solid citizen. Get's stuck into wide men, great work rate and can get forward.

FBs should never be superstars. They're there to do a job of work. This lad can do that for us. And if we dont get him in some other decent PL team will.
Good shout. He get's my vote too.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back