Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a really good performance yesterday, why is Leighton's thread on page 5 of the forum?

Has one bad game against Spurs and the knives are out.

Embrace him, all.
Embrace.

Played well against a poor Hull side, Was shown up against a top 4 side in Spurs

Would keep him as cover and experience but we 100% need a young fast LB to take that his place

Played well against a poor Hull side, Was shown up against a top 4 side in Spurs

Would keep him as cover and experience but we 100% need a young fast LB to take that his place

Nah mate because if the barometer is only keep players who werent shown up against Spurs, we'd only keep Barkley and Lukaku.

He's been really good for the majority of games this season has our Leighton.

Nah mate because if the barometer is only keep players who werent shown up against Spurs, we'd only keep Barkley and Lukaku.

He's been really good for the majority of games this season has our Leighton.

He's been ok yer but he needs a good young LB to be pushing him, Him and Coleman have never had any serious competition for there places, It needs to change

Lads can we have your views on yesterday's game for balance and context?

You can certainly have mine.

Missed the game yesterday as was moving into a new flat in LDN but from what I have gathered, he played really well?

Playing teams we should beat at home he is not a worry at all, however I will stand by what I said regarding him in big games and against teams with a lot of pace.

Hence me being worried about him in the upcoming Derby against Mane. If I am wrong I am open to being vaulted, but for me he is one that we should definitely be upgrading in the summer. Again this is only my opinion and I have been wrong before.

Thought he was one of the very few players that didn't let himself down today tbh.

But in the long term we do need someone new. Baines ain't the player he was. Maybe the Fulham left back is worth a shot
Or maybe the Wigan one :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back