Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in two minds about Davies. I sometimes think he flatters to deceive; other times he looks the most exciting prospect we have.

He will get more consistent with age.

The beauty with Davies is that we know what he's got in his locker and it's only going to get better.

I'm in two minds about Davies. I sometimes think he flatters to deceive; other times he looks the most exciting prospect we have.

Honest answer is right now he is neither extreme mate, what he is though is a player who looks good enough already at this level and is only 18, think how most players develop between the age of 18-23 and the potential for the lad is massive, and if he doesn't ever improve past his current level, then with experience etc he will still become a very good player for us.

He will get more consistent with age.

The beauty with Davies is that we know what he's got in his locker and it's only going to get better.
Maybe. Sometimes he reminds me of Jimmy Bullard, other times Peter Reid.

Next season will be major for him. We'll find out if and what he's learned this season.

Honest answer is right now he is neither extreme mate, what he is though is a player who looks good enough already at this level and is only 18, think how most players develop between the age of 18-23 and the potential for the lad is massive, and if he doesn't ever improve past his current level, then with experience etc he will still become a very good player for us.
Yep, as said, his development will be fascinating. He's not going to fall back beyond good, but his potential is there. How or if he kicks on are the questions.

Yep, as said, his development will be fascinating. He's not going to fall back beyond good, but his potential is there. How or if he kicks on are the questions.

His family and his own seemingly really grounded attitude will help him massively on that score.

anyways as it's the Baines thread, i'd go for Shaw if Mourinho wants rid and they are willing to take a decent hit on what they paid for him

If United are willing to let Shaw go, get him.
All depends on the price for me. Before his leg break he looked a great prospect; perhaps initially not worthy of the money they paid but good.

However, we haven't seen enough of him recently (although that's not exactly his fault) to warrant taking the risk on a sizeable outlay.

He's also reported to be on £130k per week. If we could get him on the cheap and decent wages I'd potentially risk it, otherwise it's a no from me.

Baines is too old to be an effective wing back. In a flat 4 he still has something to offer. Conversely the much maligned Garbutt would probably be more comfortable as a wing back as pace is a large part of his game. If he is fit and we play wing backs again would like to see him play as regardless of what happens now we will definitely finish 7th. If your talking bringing in a replacement I would like someone whose proven and comfortable in a 4 or a 5 who this player is I haven't got a clue but that is where Steve Walsh will earn his large salary!

I dont see a lot of players with vision in this set up. In behind Lukaku we have Barkley who can be inspirational; Schneiderlin can pick a pass out. Lookman (why's he not being played?) seems to have flair. The rest are hard working but have essentially average football brains.

True, lookman would have been ideal yesterday...totally lacked pace and drive

His family and his own seemingly really grounded attitude will help him massively on that score.

anyways as it's the Baines thread, i'd go for Shaw if Mourinho wants rid and they are willing to take a decent hit on what they paid for him
Yes. Said as much myself a week or so back.

I'm not sure he's finished yet. He's still got a pretty good cross in him however we don't really have a striker who is good in the air. He'd probably have a decent haul of assists if he had someone like Pelle at CF (not that I'd rather have Pelle over Rom or anything). So I would say he might be good to keep depending on who we sign at CF in the offseason.

Also would have no complaints on bringing Shaw in, hopefully on some transfer fee based on appearances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back