Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEft back is on the list of positions we need to replace, but for me is further down the priority list. CB (X2 could be argued), GK, RB, second striker (if Rom stays, X2 if not), creative player to play in one of the forward positions.

Not sure how our summer Budget is going to look though.

If Shaw (and money) was available, could be worth getting in there to avoid missing out, but Mourinho's recent comments about his attitude and application would be a concern, coupled with the fact that I haven't seen a lot of him since his leg break.

When we get to a position where a player like Baines sits on the bench we'll know we're on our way. If he's a starter next season nothing has changed.

Solid at the back but that formation just doesn't lend itself to him being any attacking force whatsoever. Barely gets forward, barely picks a forward pass and just no cover for him when he does decide to go forward.

Solid at the back but that formation just doesn't lend itself to him being any attacking force whatsoever. Barely gets forward, barely picks a forward pass and just no cover for him when he does decide to go forward.

Beginning to think that Baines knows he hasn't got the legs to keep bombing forward like he did when playing with Pienaar, those days have long gone in him. He clearly picks his moments to go on a run, and they're getting fewer and fewer.

We need to find a way get him forward because every freakin time he has this season, he almost always plays a good ball in. I semi wish we would move him to winger, but we don't have anyone that could really be trusted to play his position anyway.

Beginning to think that Baines knows he hasn't got the legs to keep bombing forward like he did when playing with Pienaar, those days have long gone in him. He clearly picks his moments to go on a run, and they're getting fewer and fewer.

a bit too few for my liking Andy and I'm not blaming him either. Age and how we Andre set up isn't great for him is it. I'd love to see us sign someone like Bertrand and really push Baines on in the twilight of his career if he's up for some fierce competition.

a bit too few for my liking Andy and I'm not blaming him either. Age and how we Andre set up isn't great for him is it. I'd love to see us sign someone like Bertrand and really push Baines on in the twilight of his career if he's up for some fierce competition.

Tend to think that if we sign a top left back, Baines will immediately revert to being the back-up.
But, maybe we have more pressing needs in other areas of the pitch right now.

We need to find a way get him forward because every freakin time he has this season, he almost always plays a good ball in. I semi wish we would move him to winger, but we don't have anyone that could really be trusted to play his position anyway.

it's certainly an option mate as you say maybe to push him further and get someone else behind him. I'm not adverse to that kind of thinking mate.

I can't think of another player who has consistently delivered great balls into the box this season apart from Baines. I honestly think we need to allow him more freedom somehow because we are not taking advantage of him at all.

wouldn't cause us any harm at this point would it mate trying something different because we don't seem to have any left side. Davies played there for the last 20 tonight

It would surprise a few to see Baines line up much further up the field and it would open up a more definite outlet for Barkley to pass wide... we're without a designated left winger currently whereas on the right, we have Coleman, prior to his sad injury, happy to get forward

Baines takes a while to get the ball under control and he is inclined to knock it back. He used to get forward more.

I'd like a proper no 10 Silva-type with a left foot to dovetail with the left-back.

Not sure if Shaw is the man to replace Baines on tonight's show but he's probably faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back