Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice words from Baines about the away fans:

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/12/02/baines-wants-cup-glory

“Our support is the best around, especially when we are on the road like this. We have the best support in the league and the lads do talk about it in the dressing room.

“Seamus and I were coming off the pitch together and it was a ‘look at that’ moment. It is so appreciated because it’s a long journey and we know people have been working and spending their money to come up on a Tuesday night to support us. We are incredibly thankful to them.”
They've now posted the full video

http://www.evertonfc.com/evertontv/archive/2015/12/02/baines-delighted-to-be-back

Obviously a far way from being match fit ( he struggled tracking back a couple of times ) but it's easy to forget just how boss he is.

Some of the passes he played into the likes of Barkley were bloody fantastic. Can't wait to see him fully fit and at full tilt.
swear Baines played a ball to Lukaku's feet from deep in our own half, it didn't result in too much but it was boss

The main man is back. Rejoice
Still got a few weeks to go before we see him back to his best.

That was an awfully long layoff for someone whose game relies a lot on being able to run up and down the wing all match whilst taking a lot of the free kicks/corners. Hope that Galloway stays fit so we can continue to introduce Leighton gradually against tiring opposition.

Some of the balls be played to feet from the LWB position were boss.

You can tell him with Kone is a very awkward tandom since he is at his best playing 1-2s and passing around defenders but when Kone is in the Lineup he leaves Baines with a lot of space but very isolated.

However what you brough up was the most exciting aspect for me and what we missed the most in his absence (and the biggest drop off with Galloway in). Without Baines we rely on Barry and Stones to move the ball from defense to attack about 70% of the time. Baines was on for 30 minutes and he had at least 3 balls directly on the ground right into Lukaku, completely bypassing the midfield and speeding up our attack. Adding this will make us even more dangerous going forward.

Ok going forwards last night looked off the pace defending which is understandable thought Galloway was doing a great job with no winger in front of him - imo I would have introduced baines in front of Gallaowy at that stage as Kone was tiring imo!

I would like to see Baines start Saturday on the left wing he can give Galloway better cover and provide potent crosses/balls in from the left instead of trying everything down the right side all the time. this will help him get fully match fit as well

I would like to see Baines start Saturday on the left wing he can give Galloway better cover and provide potent crosses/balls in from the left instead of trying everything down the right side all the time. this will help him get fully match fit as well

i would like baines to start as left back on saturday instead of galloway, and put cleverly on the left if mccarthy is fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back