Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will probably be a stupid question to ask, but I'm a massive Everton fan and I absolutely adore Baines.
If I ever would like to meet this gentleman, outside a "the last shadow puppets " gig, where should I go?.
This might seem a bit stalking, but I am from Denmark and I've always wondered how to meet him, even just for a few seconds :)

This will probably be a stupid question to ask, but I'm a massive Everton fan and I absolutely adore Baines.
If I ever would like to meet this gentleman, outside a "the last shadow puppets " gig, where should I go?.
This might seem a bit stalking, but I am from Denmark and I've always wondered how to meet him, even just for a few seconds :)
Lock the windows Leighton lad.

Get yourself an ice cream van mate... Leighton will come to you

Was pessimistic about him recapturing his form after those injuries but sure enough after a shaky start around the 5th or 6th game he gets back in the groove. It usually takes that long to get match fit. Now we want a few free kicks on the edge of the box....Ross, Stevie P and Kev are you listening?

Maybe dress as a puppet and Leighton might put his hand up you.

How has he got through that game with hardly any inquiry? One of the senior players at the club and was not up to it all night. Didn't close down, ballooned every cross he put in it seems (can't remember them all) and showed no fight or leadership when we needed it most. Jags and Baines for all their experience never seem to get into the players when they need to be taking control and leadership. I'm scared he won't get back to his pre ankle break form again. Sad to say but I think his time as first choice could be coming to an end.

He doesn't have it anymore, was slow to close down, late tackling and didn't cut out enough zabaleta and navas' crosses. His own crossing was and has been shocking for a long time.

How has he got through that game with hardly any inquiry? One of the senior players at the club and was not up to it all night. Didn't close down, ballooned every cross he put in it seems (can't remember them all) and showed no fight or leadership when we needed it most. Jags and Baines for all their experience never seem to get into the players when they need to be taking control and leadership. I'm scared he won't get back to his pre ankle break form again. Sad to say but I think his time as first choice could be coming to an end.

Not sure if his first choice position is coming to an end but I agree that his and Jagielkas performance was simply not acceptable in such a big game tonight. They were both piss poor in a game where we needed our experienced players to set an example.

Says a lot when our best player was a cb who we hadn't heard of 6 months ago and looked like he wanted it more than all of them - Mori.

Jagielka was terrible, looks totally unfit and shocking whenever a ball is lobbed over him
and he has to run back. Not writing him off as I hope the last injury wasn't one injury too many and he just needs games.

Certainly no leaders at the back there anyway

Not sure if his first choice position is coming to an end but I agree that his and Jagielkas performance was simply not acceptable in such a big game tonight. They were both piss poor in a game where we needed our experienced players to set an example.

Says a lot when our best player was a cb who we hadn't heard of 6 months ago and looked like he wanted it more than all of them - Mori.

Jagielka was terrible, looks totally unfit and shocking whenever a ball is lobbed over him
and he has to run back. Not writing him off as I hope the last injury wasn't one injury too many and he just needs games.

Certainly no leaders at the back there anyway
With the argument for Baines ahead of Galloway being that Baines offers more attacking wise I'd be hard pressed to say that whatever more he offers (which in my opinion on current form isn't much) going forward Galloway more than makes up for with how well he defends. Baines simply cannot stay with any winger anymore or simply isn't arsed because whenever he gets stood up I am yelling at our left winger to get back and help which I would be happy to have Galloway 1v1 against anyone.

With the argument for Baines ahead of Galloway being that Baines offers more attacking wise I'd be hard pressed to say that whatever more he offers (which in my opinion on current form isn't much) going forward Galloway more than makes up for with how well he defends. Baines simply cannot stay with any winger anymore or simply isn't arsed because whenever he gets stood up I am yelling at our left winger to get back and help which I would be happy to have Galloway 1v1 against anyone.

It's a good point mate because i felt Galloway wasn't dropped just because of Baines and who he is, I felt Galloway needed a breather. But tonight Baines let the team down and so the shirt should go back to Galloway to lose ( or keep )

I love Baines,absolutely love the fella but it was simply unacceptable for a top pro and one of the most experienced players to play like he wasn't arsed tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back