Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did Baines say that was wrong? And if it was wrong, how was it any worse than what Rom said the week before:

Rom effectively said he is off next year to a Champions league club, Baines was honest with the fans and said we were lacking chemistry.

Rom wasn't brought to ask over his comments but an apology was required from Baines?

You can not say the way Martinez dealt with that whole episode was correct. If you think Martinez didn't make a mistake that week you are very very wrong.

Martinez made more of an issue with this, he could have used this to his advantage by acknowledging what baines said and agreed that there is a lack of chemistry which is correct. We rely on individuals like lukaku and Barkley to much rather then working at a team.

Hope he doesn't go to The Euros. I know that sounds selfish, but chances are we'll have a new Manager in the Summer who will most likely finally provide our left back with a proper partner.

Let Baines rest up during the Summer and get 100% fit, new Manager, finally a left hand partner and he'll be boss again.
He'll have no chance of going to the euros tbh

He's got absolute zero chance of going the Euros, there would have to be an epidemic affecting every English Premier League left back for him to go.

He has been absolutely dreadful this season, just hasn't got started since his injury at the start.

Was our best player for about 4 seasons in a row and didn't get the credit he deserved outside the club, then he finally did and deteriorated rapidly. I miss him. Hope he comes back next season and plays a blinder but wouldn't surprise me if he was sold while his stock is still quite high.

He's our highest earner but he's nowhere near our best player anymore sadly.

He's got absolute zero chance of going the Euros, there would have to be an epidemic affecting every English Premier League left back for him to go.

He has been absolutely dreadful this season, just hasn't got started since his injury at the start.

Was our best player for about 4 seasons in a row and didn't get the credit he deserved outside the club, then he finally did and deteriorated rapidly. I miss him. Hope he comes back next season and plays a blinder but wouldn't surprise me if he was sold while his stock is still quite high.

Yes and then we'd have Oviedo who cannot stay fit for two games in a row and Garbutt who couldn't get into the starting berth at a Championship side... go to bed and have some rest.

Hopefully we get a good manager in who won't completely leave our full backs exposed, and find a good partner for him down the left hand side.

I think we can still get a couple of very good years out of Baines.

Needs to sort out his corners though.

There's a transfer window where you can sign players as well you condescending little blurt.

If Baines was signed 2 summers ago then people on here would be waving their pitchforks wanting him sold.

Because he's from Liverpool and people remember how he used to be good hes given a free pass.

If Baines was signed 2 summers ago then people on here would be waving their pitchforks wanting him sold.

Because he's from Liverpool and people remember how he used to be good hes given a free pass.
He is the only left back in the country who's manager has no player in front of them on the pitch.

He is the left back who has no cover when being defensive and is doubled up on whenever the other team decide to do so.

Not too sure what people expect Baines to do in this team, if he attacks, he leaves the left wide open, if he defends he can have 2 players in front of him attacking.

I have stood back and read a lot of nonsense over this last week and that rant about the supposed Judas Baines has left me shaking my head in absolute disbelief, it really is one of the most ridiculous posts I have ever read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back