Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones should start alongside Smalling
Opinions innit? I'd like him to be starting too, but his defending is shaky and he gets caught out by going forward often, and a big team would punish that quite easily (I mean, England could be playing Germany, Spain etc. straight out of the groups, yeah?).

Anyway I'm not even English, why am I arguing this?

Dave this is blatant winding up.

Someone of your intellect cannot possibly slate Baines in this derogatory manner.

Enough is enough.

If you look back on his posts on both baines and Coleman hes been pretty consistent since season began.

It may or may not be a windup but:

1-- Baines has been poor for 2 seasons
2-- He looks overweight
3-- He did make comments to the papers
4-- Hes been dropped for England

Timing of his echo quotes were when he had been dropped in favour of oviedo so it "could" be argued he had done this to create a fan back lash to force martinez into picking him...

I also think if he was a player with no affiliatioj to the club who was signed at the beginning of last season then alot of fans would want him sold.

Hes only in the team based on him being a local player and his past level of performances.

So other than the penalty comment and calling baines a kopite (which some have said he was as a kid anyway) i think the post isnt as far fetched as it seems.

Could be argued either way.

If you look back on his posts on both baines and Coleman hes been pretty consistent since season began.

2-- He looks overweight

Timing of his echo quotes were when he had been dropped in favour of oviedo so it "could" be argued he had done this to create a fan back lash to force martinez into picking him...

I also think if he was a player with no affiliatioj to the club who was signed at the beginning of last season then alot of fans would want him sold.

Hes only in the team based on him being a local player and his past level of performances.

So other than the penalty comment and calling baines a kopite (which some have said he was as a kid anyway) i think the post isnt as far fetched as it seems.

No mate, he called him an embarrassment of a player.

Come on, that's just wrong.

2-- He looks overweight

No it couldnt.

5062.jpg

I heart Baines, ankle injuries have taken their toll. I'm sure he's delayed surgery on it to keep being an option on the pitch. Same with Jags risking the remainder of his career with injections to get through the semifinal.
Anyone questioning their commitment to the cause is a bit of a..
smeg-head-o.gif

No mate, he called him an embarrassment of a player.

Come on, that's just wrong.

Could be he's just sick of him?

Season start he did pick out Baines,Jagielka and Coleman as weak links and championed Browning and Galloway after their runs in the team.

When Hibbert came on or when browning played it seemed to suit the system more than having Coleman there. Same could be said for galloway who was dropped after being player of the month yet when baines came back in hes not been very good.

Would you take offence to McGeady being called an embarrassment for example?

Seems to be just an opposite viewpoint to me. Hes been consistent all season though with various players and i think called mirallas the same...

Sadly. I think the years have passed him by...he is a shadow of his former self at this point. Injuries and age have caught up to him.

He was one of the best fullbacks in the world not so long ago IMO, but at this point the absolute best we can expect is a one off revival...more realistically he will be fading away in a Hibbo sort of way...sad financially in his shoes of what could have been.

Opinions innit? I'd like him to be starting too, but his defending is shaky and he gets caught out by going forward often, and a big team would punish that quite easily (I mean, England could be playing Germany, Spain etc. straight out of the groups, yeah?).

Anyway I'm not even English, why am I arguing this?

His defending is no more shaky than Cahill, or even Jags. Best way to get the best out of him is give him responsibility. He's been superb the last few games.

And haha, fair enough! I prefer Ireland tbh anyway, even though it's not exactly patriotic to say that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back