Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did the right thing when many others given the same circumstances would have kicked up a stink to get what they want.

For that reason I think he does deserve some respect, as he showed he's better than the average self obsessed mercenary footballer.

Or he lacks ambition....

I agree with you actually, just playing devils advocate.

I will have to respectfully disagree with you sir

He's been a cracking signing, and I wasn't sure about him at first

Hopefully Baines finds his form again under the new manager

Still love him
He was a good signing. He works hard and does his bit for the team even if he's not contributing goals\assists. That doesn't mean he should be playing for England though, he's been pretty average for the last couple of months.

He was a good signing. He works hard and does his bit for the team even if he's not contributing goals\assists. That doesn't mean he should be playing for England though, he's been pretty average for the last couple of months.

Don't think Lennon has done enough to be in the England team but that's not his fault. Once he got in the side he was great until Bobby decided to move him all around the pitch.

As a Rm he won't let you down.

Only there is.

United put in a combined bid for Baines and Fellaini and then came back with separate bids with £16m on the table for Baines and we rejected it.

Baines could have chucked the teddy like Lescott and Fellaini before him and forced the club to negotiate and reach an agreement with United.

He didn't and instead got his head down and got on with it, without a murmour to the press.

Sure it was £16mil ? I thought it was £12mil and we were runoured to be willing to sell at £15mil+ but they never increased the offer?

bainesy.webp

And as always with Everton, there is a Newtonnesque "equal and opposite effect".

His purple patch kept Del out the team and we lost an awful lot of creative spark.

Rom suffered as Lennon did not create the chances for him that Gerald was doing.

As @Eggs often says, Lennon offers perspiration whereas Del offers inspiration.

I would say Baines is more likely to go the Euros than Lennon.

Barkley hasn't played well for months. He got most of his goals and assists in the first half of the season. Stones will be a great player when he plays under a better manager but he's been making too many mistakes. Baines and jags haven't been anything special recently either. As I said though, under a different manager it would be a different story.

Stones has probably had his best two games of the season in the last two matches.

Barkley was brilliant up until about March. He'll get it back.

First task for the summer for Roberto or any new manager will be to get rid of this feller.

Overweight, overhyped and a grass to boot.

He'll end his career with no trophies and a reputation as a no mark, an embarrassment as an international player, and someone more than willing to stab a manager in the back when they get dropped/have their penalty taking duties taken off their hands.

One of them rather than one of us.

This was the moment Davek really jumped the shark wasn't it?

lol

Haha this just proves to me you're defo on a wind up. Fair play to you for getting us all to bite. Luke Garbutt who has been absolutely abysmal at Fulham over a seasoned international.

The funny thing was that he was tearing Garbutt to shreds at the end of last season, demanding that we punt him

Seriously, go find the Garbutt thread and take a look at Dave's comments when it looked like Garbutt might move on for more first team football

He sure changed his tune once he saw a chance to wind people up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back