Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest I don't think any of our players deserve a place in the England squad this summer. Their form hasn't been good enough.

They do mate.

Barkley - 14 goals, 12 assists this season.
Stones - oozes class. shaky period of form but has stepped up in the last games.

Baines and Jags, on the fence. I think other players deserve to go, yes, but at the same time could see Roy taking them due to having the experience.

Probably more accurate to say he could have tried to force it through, but didn't. He gave an interview at the time saying he knew there was interest but was happy to let Everton decide the outcome.

There is no evidence of anything one way or the other.
Only there is.

United put in a combined bid for Baines and Fellaini and then came back with separate bids with £16m on the table for Baines and we rejected it.

Baines could have chucked the teddy like Lescott and Fellaini before him and forced the club to negotiate and reach an agreement with United.

He didn't and instead got his head down and got on with it, without a murmour to the press.

Only there is.

United put in a combined bid for Baines and Fellaini and then came back with separate bids with £16m on the table for Baines and we rejected it.

Baines could have chucked the teddy like Lescott and Fellaini before him and forced the club to negotiate and reach an agreement with United.

He didn't and instead got his head down and got on with it, without a murmour to the press.

How is that evidence?

I feel like I am having a go at Baines here and I am really not. Im just not going to praise him for not forcing a move (ie not doing anything at all..)

We didnt receive an acceptable offer even if other certain managers wouldnt have stood in his way...

How is that evidence?

I feel like I am having a go at Baines here and I am really not. Im just not going to praise him for not forcing a move (ie not doing anything at all..)

We didnt receive an acceptable offer even if other certain managers wouldnt have stood in his way...
He did the right thing when many others given the same circumstances would have kicked up a stink to get what they want.

For that reason I think he does deserve some respect, as he showed he's better than the average self obsessed mercenary footballer.

we have seen so many players try force a move and leave he does nothing stays gets his head down showed loyalty, very rare in this game, cant believe what ive read in this forum he's a rat and a back stabber! no he loves everton and knows martinez is taking us backwards

They do mate.

Barkley - 14 goals, 12 assists this season.
Stones - oozes class. shaky period of form but has stepped up in the last games.

Baines and Jags, on the fence. I think other players deserve to go, yes, but at the same time could see Roy taking them due to having the experience.
Barkley hasn't played well for months. He got most of his goals and assists in the first half of the season. Stones will be a great player when he plays under a better manager but he's been making too many mistakes. Baines and jags haven't been anything special recently either. As I said though, under a different manager it would be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back