Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Baines, but he's had his day, not half the player he was & is quite often caught out these days. Ordinary at best these days.
That was under a useless managed who did not use his strengths. Baines is a great a tracking fullback who was utterly wasted. The system that Koeman is using should give him new life!

Needs to be stronger

He should always take the penalties and should insist if someone else grabs the ball

Whomever is captain, be it Barry or Jags, should also step up in those situations and insist Baines takes the pen

I don't care how confident the other player is, unless the designated PK taker isn't on the pitch, they should never take a penalty

Baines carries the blame as much as the guy who misses, as he should be stronger and speak up more

He'll never be a captain in my opinion, he's not a leader

Still love him like and think he's a cracking player, but he hasn't got the fortitude to be a serious shout as Everton captain, as incidents like this only go to prove

Still, not everyone can be a leader. That's all the more reason for leaders in the team like Barry, Jags and Coleman to put their foot down when a Ross or Kev decides they want to take a pen instead of Baines

We need to hold judgements on all existing players for 6 months until they get over their bad 2015/16 season, then see who's past it and who isn't. Penalty issue is a hard one. Ross should chill out and score from open play, he can take pens when he's older. Kev too. Rom is harder one, as I understand that strikers want to score but it has to be Bainesy on merit and his past record.I agree he needs to step forward and lead

Baines has had a bit of history with serious confidence issues hasn't he? Do you think it's got anything to do with him not taking pens?

I don't know what's going on with Baines but he needs to step up. He's the best penalty taker we have by a long way. I don't know if he's letting himself get pushed out of the pens by the other players or if his bottle has gone but it's not good enough. It's time to either man up or move on for Baines. I really hope he does the former but if he can't/won't it's time for us to part ways because he's missing something and he's not half the payer he once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back