Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't even travel.
Had he been dropped from the 18, he would have still been at the game.
or are you now insinuating Koeman or Baines said he didn't want to travel because he hadn't made the 18?
No. I'm suggesting he was deemed as not appropriate for the City as Oviedo. Which would be the most obvious explanation

No. I'm suggesting he was deemed as not appropriate for the City as Oviedo. Which would be the most obvious explanation
You've avoided my question
Were he simply deemed not suitable, do you agree that, like all the other players who don't make the match day 18, he would have still been in attendance at the game.
I don't actually disagree with you - i think even if medically fit, he would have struggled against Sane with little or no match fitness. By dropped though, you are implying - as ever - to suggest that Baines was 100% ready to play and of equal fitness to Oviedo and Oviedo was chosen.
And you know you are mate.

You've avoided my question
Were he simply deemed not suitable, do you agree that, like all the other players who don't make the match day 18, he would have still been in attendance at the game.
I don't actually disagree with you - i think even if medically fit, he would have struggled against Sane with little or no match fitness. By dropped though, you are implying - as ever - to suggest that Baines was 100% ready to play and of equal fitness to Oviedo and Oviedo was chosen.
And you know you are mate.
The manager in his press conference declared him 'fit to play'. He's played all the games so far, so why would it be so fantastic to suggest that Oviedo was chosen over him?

You're making an issue of something that really isn't an issue. Oviedo has obviously convinced Koeman in training that he was the player to start.

He's had a recurrence, felt something late on in the week, it got scanned and the injury is worse than first thought. He will be out around another month. No conspiracy stories needed, just a very frustrating injury setback

The manager in his press conference declared him 'fit to play'. He's played all the games so far, so why would it be so fantastic to suggest that Oviedo was chosen over him?

You're making an issue of something that really isn't an issue. Oviedo has obviously convinced Koeman in training that he was the player to start.

Oh, the irony

He's had a recurrence, felt something late on in the week, it got scanned and the injury is worse than first thought. He will be out around another month. No conspiracy stories needed, just a very frustrating injury setback

As with all Everton news, the bad news is always likely to be right ... come back Baines

I heard about the set back... agreed there are no conspiracy theories needed.... but I did here that Oviedo switched his records at the hospital so they ended up treating the wrong injury just so he could get more game time

Still waiting for this man to be fit. Not looking good for Burnley either.
Looks like Oviedo could be back in.
Thankfully given the fixtures in the next two weeks we may get away with it and it will give Oviedo some game time which it looks like he needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back