Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ploy of getting Baines to go over and take inswingers seems daft to me. He has to run all the way back into position after the inevitable clearance.
Haven't we got anyone who can take a corner properly?
I mean... it's basic stuff isn't it?

Im pretty sure you have dismissed Koemans playing career as meaningless, why should you hold Osman and Hibbert in a different regard?

But anyway, this is about Baines, nobody could ever accuse him of being mediocre, well nobody who wished to retain any credibility thats for sure.

@Zatara

hahaha, in fact when he was at Wigan i thought he would go to to be a top left back and was very happy we signed him...so much so that i was angered when he wasnt thrust straight into the 1st team...when he was, he became a permanent fixture.

However, last season he put in some poor performances and i didnt like him crying off to the echo which seemed convenient as he had been losing his place to Oviedo at the time.

Think if he's about to do a Distin along with Jags and needs upgrading...however i wouldnt be averse to him being backup for 2 seasons if we brought through or signed a good left back.

I'd get rid of the 'lads' network altogether: Ferguson and Jeffers down the road. Baines should go and get his badges before coming into any coaching job with Everton.

What have these people done to be given this type of work? I;d have proven people in before them. A football club should employ on merit not sentiment.

I dont think Baines has the mentality to be a coach, nor jeffers...ferguson though seems made for it.

Going to be an interview showing on Soccer Saturday some time today

Ha Ha Ha.

He cant help himself can he? I'm surprised he's forsaken his usual M.O. of running to the Echo to get his digs in.

Well there's no Martinez here anymore Bainesy, so what's your's and the team's excuse for 1 win in 8 games then?

Won nothing and never will win anything.

The ploy of getting Baines to go over and take inswingers seems daft to me. He has to run all the way back into position after the inevitable clearance.
Haven't we got anyone who can take a corner properly?
I mean... it's basic stuff isn't it?

Correct; correct; sadly no and yes it darned well should be.

Ha Ha Ha.

He cant help himself can he? I'm surprised he's forsaken his usual M.O. of running to the Echo to get his digs in.

Well there's no Martinez here anymore Bainesy, so what's your's and the team's excuse for 1 win in 8 games then?

All Evertonians thank you for your steadfast support mate.

Honestly have no idea how he's been retained under three managers. Maybe he just threatens them. It can't be any talent he has, that's for sure.
Koeman no doubt has been told he's a legend at the club, as was Bobby before him. We have a first team coach who is on record as having zero interest in football, and who only came back with his tail between his legs when he was about to go bankrupt.

Ha Ha Ha.

that interview is more evidence of the major bust up between him and other senior players and martinez last year, insofar as he is still putting the boot in. And yes the boot is on the other foot now, I'm not sure the tone of this interview is entirely appropriate, given the bottlehouse performances of the past few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back