Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
that interview is more evidence of the major bust up between him and other senior players and martinez last year, insofar as he is still putting the boot in. And yes the boot is on the other foot now, I'm not sure the tone of this interview is entirely appropriate, given the bottlehouse performances of the past few weeks.
I haven't seen the interview, but if it's anything like his others he's such a friggin coward in it'll be cringeworthy. He never specifically references Martinez but always implies the criticism. I'd have more respect for Baines if he was up front about it and just said he didn't get on with the last manager and didn't respect his methods. But he doesn't, he just insinuates.

The other thing is, unlike players like Coleman and Jagielka he never ever holds up his hand for taking responsibility for what happened toward the end of last season.

I just don't like him. He has an image as a nice lad who gives everything and is honest. I see a snide who won't put his hand up. And his career is undistinguished as far as I'm concerned. He's a long standing player in an uncussful part of Evertons history. That's just about it.

Was never a great one on one defender but made up for it with the attacking threat he provided. Either his legs have gone or koeman wants him to not cross the half way line. Either way his best days are behind him and hope we can get Galloway back in Jan.

Can't believe how poor his attempt to block that cross was. Even by his usual standards that was woeful. He doesn't even try, it's bizarre.

I know it's only a small thing, but he annoyed the hell out of me yesterday - Gueye ballooned a hideous long ball over his head and out for a throw and what does Leightdon do? he gives him the thumbs up and jogs back.... he should've been going mental at him.

Too many "nice guys" in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back