Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez biggest mistake was going against 1 of us.

Thats the point he should have resigned, if he would have left before the Semi I would be planning another trip down there.
I tell you what - whoever arrives after Martinez won't repeat his mistake and retain a judas in a position where he can connive behind his back.

My first words of advice to any such new manager would be to get shut of Baines and Jagielka, especially Baines. He can't be trusted not to go running to the media with snide comments.

Besides that, he's past his best by three seasons. I'd even get Garbutt back and give him a chance over him.

I tell you what - whoever arrives after Martinez won't repeat his mistake and retain a judas in a position where he can connive behind his back.

My first words of advice to any such new manager would be to get shut of Baines and Jagielka, especially Baines. He can't be trusted not to go running to the media with snide comments.

Besides that, he's past his best by three seasons. I'd even get Garbutt back and give him a chance over him.

Maybe the next man can get Baines and Coleman back into the 2 best fullbacks in the league.

Tbf baines was unprofessional and undeminded the manager but he must have felt deperate to do this as he never done this before. What annoy me is the saying 'he is one of us' when he was a R's who a millionaire and lives in a different reality to us. I've a!ways thought Baines was abit weak when he allowed Mirralas to take take pen of him and also Jags for allowing this.

I can understand Baines frustration with Martinez as he never found him a decent partner and gone backwards, he also lost his England place as well

Tbf baines was unprofessional and undeminded the manager but he must have felt deperate to do this as he never done this before. What annoy me is the saying 'he is one of us' when he was a R's who a millionaire and lives in a different reality to us. I've a!ways thought Baines was abit weak when he allowed Mirralas to take take pen of him and also Jags for allowing this.

I can understand Baines frustration with Martinez as he never found him a decent partner and gone backwards, he also lost his England place as well
Baines grew up a blue. He's definitely one of us, unlike the clown in charge.

If he talked on the pitch half as much as he spoke to the press he'd have some credibility. As it is though he just keeps his trap shut onfield and went crying to the Echo.

He has zero respect as far as I'm concerned. A snide who needs punting.

If he talked on the pitch half as much as he spoke to the press he'd have some credibility. As it is though he just keeps his trap shut onfield and went crying to the Echo.

My God, when you go off on one it's a humdinger.

All he said was there is no chemistry in the side - fairly obvious for all to see. He did not lay it at the manager's door, it was just an observation in response to a question.

Haha this just proves to me you're defo on a wind up. Fair play to you for getting us all to bite. Luke Garbutt who has been absolutely abysmal at Fulham over a seasoned international.

he was not the Captain.

No incoming manager will look at a player who goes to the press to agitate behind a managers back. He'll be gone shortly. Thank goodness.

He's finished anyway. RM made a massive mistake not getting cash off United for him. Should have kept Fellaini and punted judas.

What did Baines say that was wrong? And if it was wrong, how was it any worse than what Rom said the week before:

Rom effectively said he is off next year to a Champions league club, Baines was honest with the fans and said we were lacking chemistry.

Rom wasn't brought to ask over his comments but an apology was required from Baines?

You can not say the way Martinez dealt with that whole episode was correct. If you think Martinez didn't make a mistake that week you are very very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back