Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't bother, I may as well follow a tractor throwing Shoite out, the result is much the same!

Baines will do ok again with a proper manager and coach and by that I mean not clown shoes and Dennis Lawrence!
Ok is not good enough.

He's coming up to 32, had big injuries, never been a defender in any case. That means a replacement should have been found already with the ridiculous policy of allowing Galloway out on a season long loan.

Ok is not good enough.

He's coming up to 32, had big injuries, never been a defender in any case. That means a replacement should have been found already with the ridiculous policy of allowing Galloway out on a season long loan.

Then if he is not good enough we will buy a left back.

Galloway will get a season under his belt so I really don't see how that is going to do him any harm.

Wouldn't be surprised to see is in for Brady before the end of the window.

Never won a sausage in his career; cant defend; gets forward to less and less effect.

He CAN praise Koeman though, which might come in handy for him.

Read through the Koeman thread lad, I think you'll see I have.

Baines: just a daft player who had to fight for his place under the last manager throwing his toys out of the pram.

If he's #oneofus I want no part of that.

Your so anti Baines it's amusing Dave.

Baines is daft, hmmm, OK, actually supposed to be quite the opposite in reality though but yeah mate.

Could easily have won loads in his career Dave, if he had pushed through a move to United when they where after him (under Ferguson)

As for slating him as 'not an Evertonian' effectively, behave, toys out the pram would very much describe your opinion of him - no doubt hugely coloured by the Martinez situation he had, and you supported Martinez till the end - misplaced loyalty there Dave...

Never been his strong side tbh

Well of course not. However:

BRBainesColeDef_original.png

So now Baines can't defend.

Aye mate, one of the best defenders ever to play the game seems perfectly happy and rates him and it's one of the only areas we havent been looking for anyone to come in there.

But Dave doesn't like him, and thinks he cant defend and cant go forward anymore, so we should get rid

Doesn't stay at clubs too long. I doubt he's looking to build friendships. That's my point.

My hope is that he takes no prisoners with the old guard who had no dignity in collapsing the last quarter of last season. That was as unforgivable an act of treason as I've seen at Everton in my lifetime. It was Chelse-esque. I'll never forgive it and I want the perpetrators out of an Everton shirt and out of the club asap.

I think Baines let the cat out of the bag with this interview. He and a few others wanted a Moyes MkII - someone who would crack the whip and treat them like hired help.

Martinez attempted to treat them and respect them as players who could transform their own games for the better by actually playing to feet. First season here he pulled that off and we saw, incredibly, Moyes players playing decent football. The results were excellent. But not all were on baord with the man himself.

I think it;s fair to say that RM didn't have the strong character to batter those players into shape - and they're such a load of jelly fish that they couldn't even stand up to the jeers of the Goodison crowd and preferred to stand by while their manager got it in the neck for their lack of resolve.

That just about nails the situation for me

I see Baines and Jagileka as the senior pros who stood by and watched that happen, and I'll never forvive them for it. I want them out of Everton. They're spineless and let's face it they're not the quality we require now.

Hehehehehehe

Read through the Koeman thread lad, I think you'll see I have.

Baines: just a daft player who had to fight for his place under the last manager throwing his toys out of the pram.

If he's #oneofus I want no part of that.
As far as Baines goes he's a shadow of what he was going forward, was he ever a good defender? But he's still the best we have at the club.
I don't think there's any bitterness on his part toward RM, he just seen through the man's lack of quality as a manager.

Your so anti Baines it's amusing Dave.

Baines is daft, hmmm, OK, actually supposed to be quite the opposite in reality though but yeah mate.

Could easily have won loads in his career Dave, if he had pushed through a move to United when they where after him (under Ferguson)

As for slating him as 'not an Evertonian' effectively, behave, toys out the pram would very much describe your opinion of him - no doubt hugely coloured by the Martinez situation he had, and you supported Martinez till the end - misplaced loyalty there Dave...
Anti Baines yet is a staunch supporter of mediocre gash like McCarthy, Daves heads gone in the past year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back