Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are massive questions marks around any Blue slating Leighton Baines tbh.
I would never slate baines but his defending has always been up for debate he was outstanding going forward with pienaar but sadly his foward displays now are not what we are expecting from him so consequently his defending is getting more of a look at.

Then if he is not good enough we will buy a left back.

Galloway will get a season under his belt so I really don't see how that is going to do him any harm.

Wouldn't be surprised to see is in for Brady before the end of the window.

In the time left?

It was a mistake to allow Galloway out for a season. Think about it, if Baines gets crocked we have a crock to come in and deputise until January.

Not the best of situations really is it?

Aye mate, one of the best defenders ever to play the game seems perfectly happy and rates him and it's one of the only areas we havent been looking for anyone to come in there.

But Dave doesn't like him, and thinks he cant defend and cant go forward anymore, so we should get rid
You're happy with Baines as Everton's first choice LB for the coming season?

Ok.

Brave new world.

Then if he is not good enough we will buy a left back.

Galloway will get a season under his belt so I really don't see how that is going to do him any harm.

Wouldn't be surprised to see is in for Brady before the end of the window.

Are you irish?

He's spent most of it at Everton to be fair to him Dave.

Let's face it, before Moyes got to United no one wanted him other than us.

Look, I'm not saying he hasn't been good for us in the past. But he flourished as a wingback with a player like Pienaar behind him prepared to do a lot of the donkey work. Once that was removed he was shown to be what he is: a bang average FB who is not at the races as a defender.

Nothing controversial in that. It's right on the money.

As said, if he's who everyone wants to wear Everton's first team shirt for the foreseeable then that's their choice. Somehow I doubt that everyone is too thrilled about that, tbh. Personally I'd have thought Koeman - if he is the character he's supposed to be - would be straight back down to S'ton to get Bertrand up here. As it is he's trying to get their third string RB in!

Go figure.

In the time left?

It was a mistake to allow Galloway out for a season. Think about it, if Baines gets crocked we have a crock to come in and deputise until January.

Not the best of situations really is it?

Yes mate.

Unless you have been in a coma for the last 10 years a lot of deals get done between the games and the end of the window

As far as Baines goes he's a shadow of what he was going forward, was he ever a good defender? But he's still the best we have at the club.
I don't think there's any bitterness on his part toward RM, he just seen through the man's lack of quality as a manager.
That in and of itself has to be unacceptable though.

How can we be heading into tis season with a substandard defender at LB with no real cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back