Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. We win a game and your first thought is to post that.

I'm flattered like. Maybe just enjoy the win though?

Actually made a fair few posts dave about various players and the teams performance but dont let that cloud you, btw if he stunk today youd have been right on there slatinjg him and dont try kid us you wouldnt have :)

Actually made a fair few posts dave about various players and the teams performance but dont let that cloud you, btw if he stunk today youd have been right on there slatinjg him and dont try kid us you wouldnt have :)
My view of a player doesn't change every 5 minutes mate.

Can tell that Dave - your nothing if your not stubborn on an opinion will give you that
It's not a snap decision mate. How long had we all been watching Baines and Jagielka? If I cant make a view formed on the basis of years of atrophy then I'd let it run its course a bit more. I dont need to though. The jury is in.

It's not a snap decision mate. How long had we all been watching Baines and Jagielka? If I cant make a view formed on the basis of years of atrophy then I'd let it run its course a bit more. I dont need to though. The jury is in.

Yet throughout that time you never once thought that maybe it was down to Martinez, New manager comes in and strangely both are looking very solid players again...

Probably has helped that they aren't being rushed back when not fully fit as well. Who made those calls again?

Yet throughout that time you never once thought that maybe it was down to Martinez, New manager comes in and strangely both are looking very solid players again...

Probably has helped that they aren't being rushed back when not fully fit as well. Who made those calls again?

They're playing for their places again...funnily enough, just the same as they did when Martinez arrived.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Three games into the season means nothing. On Baines: I'm more arsed about him being a defender rather than some superannuated winger. If he knocks shots off the line and gets touch tight to wingers and stops crosses getting in regularly then he'll shut his doubters up.

They're playing for their places again...funnily enough, just the same as they did when Martinez arrived.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Three games into the season means nothing. On Baines: I'm more arsed about him being a defender rather than some superannuated winger. If he knocks shots off the line and gets touch tight to wingers and stops crosses getting in regularly then he'll shut his doubters up.

"His doubters"

lol

If you don't have pace (which he doesn't) you don't get touch tight to wingers. They can feel where you are and will turn you inside out if they are even half decent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back