Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the reason you WOULD get touch tight. Stand off and be prepared to have your shorts turned inside out or be skinned. Baines needs to get on the heels of attackers and dont let them have room to face him up.

He's a professional and shouldnt need to be told like.

no you WOULDNT get touch tight to a player which has you beaten for pace..

no you WOULDNT get touch tight to a player which has you beaten for pace..
You have no option if you have that little amount of pace. You try and get as close as possible and block.

Wherein would be the logic in standing off a player if you couldn't match them for pace?! It just creates space for them to exploit.

Unreal.

Btw, it's for this very reason why we need an upgrade. I actually want my FBs to be able to keep pace with their opponent. Funnily enough.

You have no option if you have that little amount of pace. You try and get as close as possible and block.

Wherein would be the logic in standing off a player if you couldn't match them for pace?! It just creates space for them to exploit.

Unreal.

Btw, it's for this very reason why we need an upgrade. I actually want my FBs to be able to keep pace with their opponent. Funnily enough.
As much as I love banies I do agree with you Dave.

To be a top full back nowadays, speed is paramount. Baines has lost his. Oviedo isn't the answer however.

Don't think we'll ever get the Baines back of four or five years ago due to injuries/age,but I thought(penalty apart!)he had an excellent game,looks to me from the outside koeman and his staff are telling him what his body is capable of these days,maybe we will see a more restricted Baines these days but on yesterdays evidence,he's still got a lot to offer.

Quite possibly. But at his peak, he was the best full back in the league and our best player by a long way. He could have left this club for greener pastures a number of times, but didn't because he is a Blue.

In decline or not, he is still a very good player. Get him a run of fitness under a capable manager, and who knows how close to his best he can get.

If you can't get behind Leighton Baines, of all people, then what is the point of this whole Everton caper?
So a simple quote saying he is in decline means I don't get behind him.
The word sadly should tell you were I am coming from
I will say though we shouldn't keep players out of sentiment and service, once they have served their purpose they should be moved on.....

Im betting youre basing that on his last two seasons? Were I to agree, I would say Coleman, Jags, Stones, Mirallas, Delboy, Barkley, McCarthy, Besic and probably more also are in decline. Or maybe Baines, like rest of the squad, performed like crap because he was managed by a crap manager?
And maybe he is getting older as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back