Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have no option if you have that little amount of pace. You try and get as close as possible and block.

Wherein would be the logic in standing off a player if you couldn't match them for pace?! It just creates space for them to exploit.

Unreal.

Btw, it's for this very reason why we need an upgrade. I actually want my FBs to be able to keep pace with their opponent. Funnily enough.

If you get touch tight to a player with pace ... it makes it easier for him to turn you... also means any ball played behind you he is going to get ( because you both starting from the same position)

Great news that he's back on Saturday, we'll need him , as this is the first GAME of the season, we'll also find out whether Mr. Koeman
has done his homework after a weeks holiday.

I don’t dislike him, but I do worry about him in games against teams with pace. He is still the defender I am most worried about for the derby, not for losing his head but rather the game just seems to pass him by at times.

I don’t dislike him, but I do worry about him in games against teams with pace. He is still the defender I am most worried about for the derby, not for losing his head but rather the game just seems to pass him by at times.
Apart from Coleman, it's a Dad's Army defence.

We really need to see some new blood getting game time. We have some very good players who can come in and do a job like Mori, Galloway, Holgate - and Browning when he returns.

The defence have been ok so far but are still very vulnerable to pace and crosses. And we should also be aware that the whole team is set up defensively now so there is a lot of support for those defenders which probably stops us pushing higher up the pitch and pressing the opposition from there.

Apart from Coleman, it's a Dad's Army defence.

We really need to see some new blood getting game time. We have some very good players who can come in and do a job like Mori, Galloway, Holgate - and Browning when he returns.

The defence have been ok so far but are still very vulnerable to pace and crosses. And we should also be aware that the whole team is set up defensively now so there is a lot of support for those defenders which probably stops us pushing higher up the pitch and pressing the opposition from there.
Please tell me this is a wind up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back