Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.

We really need to see some new blood getting game time. We have some very good players who can come in and do a job like Mori... and Browning.

You've been watching something very different to me there bud. RFM is a walking mistake waiting to happen and Browning just can't play - great athlete, but Unsworth-esque with the ball at his feet (and that's being kind).

Holgate I'll give you, Galloway I'm undecided on.

Thing is, and I'll say it before you jump on it, Koeman is probably only interested in the here and now at the moment and that means our most experienced defenders are currently our best, so they'll play all of the games they can. Fair enough like, I think we're all a little bit bored of all of this planning for the future and that future never actually coming. The here and now is what cost your mate Bobby his job, Koeman would be stupid to overlook it

Thing is, and I'll say it before you jump on it, Koeman is probably only interested in the here and now at the moment and that means our most experienced defenders are currently our best, so they'll play all of the games they can. Fair enough like, I think we're all a little bit bored of all of this planning for the future and that future never actually coming. The here and now is what cost your mate Bobby his job, Koeman would be stupid to overlook it

TRUE SAY.

Apart from Coleman, it's a Dad's Army defence.

We really need to see some new blood getting game time. We have some very good players who can come in and do a job like Mori, Galloway, Holgate - and Browning when he returns.

The defence have been ok so far but are still very vulnerable to pace and crosses. And we should also be aware that the whole team is set up defensively now so there is a lot of support for those defenders which probably stops us pushing higher up the pitch and pressing the opposition from there.
Out of the 4 you mention 3 are only at potential level, and one has had his chance and hasn't taken it (albeit with a bogus manager)... to replace 3-4 experienced internationals!! Your saying "vulnerable to pace and crosses" Coleman quick, Baines no slouch, Jags no slouch, Williams excellent in the air... the height of our full backs is my only concern,
Explain yourself..

You've been watching something very different to me there bud. RFM is a walking mistake waiting to happen and Browning just can't play - great athlete, but Unsworth-esque with the ball at his feet (and that's being kind).

Holgate I'll give you, Galloway I'm undecided on.

I dont care what Koeman's schedule is. I've no time for short termism: it's wrong and it's wasteful.

As for the players: people have short memories on Funes Mori. He came in (in his FIRST season in another country) and adapted very well. That lad will slot in any team at CL level. He's experienced now as an Argentine international and good coaching will make him better. That's for Koeman to spend some of the time he's handsomely rewarded for to put in on him. You dont go out and pay for talent you have here already. Same goes for Galloway who is far and away a safer pair of hands at LB than no paced Baines. Loaning him for a year was a friggin ridiculous decision. Browning had some solid displays and I see a future for him at Everton too. Holgate has to be the future at RB.

funes mori, galloway or holgate arent as good as baines at lb want to play our strongest team each week they could all improve but we look a lot more assured with him back in this season, love baines been great on and off the pitch for us

Out of the 4 you mention 3 are only at potential level, and one has had his chance and hasn't taken it (albeit with a bogus manager)... to replace 3-4 experienced internationals!! Your saying "vulnerable to pace and crosses" Coleman quick, Baines no slouch, Jags no slouch, Williams excellent in the air... the height of our full backs is my only concern,
Explain yourself..
I said two are vulnerable to pace. Baines and Williams. Anyone who thinks those two are at the races with the type of talent in this PL are not paying attention.

And that ^^^ state of affairs stops us playing a more aggressive game higher up the pitch. We sit right back and look to spring Bolasie precisely because we dare not expose a defence with such a flaw in it.

I dont care what Koeman's schedule is. I've no time for short termism: it's wrong and it's wasteful.

As for the players: people have short memories on Funes Mori. He came in (in his FIRST season in another country) and adapted very well. That lad will slot in any team at CL level. He's experienced now as an Argentine international and good coaching will make him better. That's for Koeman to spend some of the time he's handsomely rewarded for to put in on him. You dont go out and pay for talent you have here already. Same goes for Galloway who is far and away a safer pair of hands at LB than no paced Baines. Loaning him for a year was a friggin ridiculous decision. Browning had some solid displays and I see a future for him at Everton too. Holgate has to be the future at RB.

I think we're going to leave it there, Dave

I said two are vulnerable to pace. Baines and Williams. Anyone who thinks those two are at the races with the type of talent in this PL are not paying attention.

And that ^^^ state of affairs stops us playing a more aggressive game higher up the pitch. We sit right back and look to spring Bolasie precisely because we dare not expose a defence with such a flaw in it.
Dave you think putting 2 of the younger lads in the team would make us stronger defensively just because of their pace? I think the art of defending is lot more than having the pace to recover from a quick striker or winger.. Positioning, awareness, aggression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back