Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Leighton Baines

Status
Not open for further replies.
best player vs Hull by some margin. only person who can pick a pass/cross. free kick not hia fault in the slightest.

responsible for 6 of 27 points this year or 22% of our points. essentially that is 1/5 and for 11 players in a team, he is essentially worth 2. makes sense since he is constantly covering for centre halves.
What about in the opening 10mins when he lets snodgrass on to his left foot about 3 times. Did the same v sturidge in the derby for there winner. Shocking defending

Great cross for our goal, but he also put some poor crosses. In injury time straight into the goalies hands when he could have picked another option.

If we stick with wing backs, he has another season in him. But at 442 we need a better defender

He is defensively poor and has been for a couple of seasons , his positional play at time is shocking
How on earth did he get another extension? He is 'kin woeful.

How can a player with about 14 years first team experience be that bad positionally? He offers nothing as a defender and barely anything going forward.

I'd take Robertson off Hull. Not ideal but better than Baines.

Baines cannot defend. Always relied on his crossing or going forward to be how good he was. But defensively he is ridiculously average. He literally does not know how to close down

How on earth did he get another extension? He is 'kin woeful.

How can a player with about 14 years first team experience be that bad positionally? He offers nothing as a defender and barely anything going forward.

I'd take Robertson off Hull. Not ideal but better than Baines.

Your arsenal still stinging he was the first to out the total fraud you loved Dave?

Your arsenal still stinging he was the first to out the total fraud you loved Dave?
Ha ha. "Total fraud". I love that insult applied to a manager with a proven PL record with this club, but you think a duffer like Koeman who wants to drag us back to the footballing dark ages is the real deal.

FFS, you couldn't make this up. A manager who's won more trophies than we as a club have for 20 years and gave us our record season points total is a fraud.

Stop it mate. You're making a fool of yourself. Stick to the Eastern European football player scouting. You're not bad at that.

Ha ha. "Total fraud". I love that insult applied to a manager with a proven PL record with this club, but you think a duffer like Koeman who wants to drag us back to the footballing dark ages is the real deal.

FFS, you couldn't make this up. A manager who's won more trophies than we as a club have for 20 years and gave us our record season points total is a fraud.

Stop it mate. You're making a fool of yourself. Stick to the Eastern European football player scouting. Your not bad at that.

** you're **

Stop it mate. Your making a fool of yourself. Stick to the Eastern European football player scouting. Your not bad at that.

Ofered nothing going forward, ok mate you must have had missed the assist for the equiliser to itty, must also have missed the best pass of the night first half to lukaku as well.

Rather be dragged to the dark ages mate than dragged to the championship which is where your boy Bobby would have taken us, as for his winning more trophies than us, yeah fair shout, shame he also got that team relegated isn't it mate.

Ofered nothing going forward, ok mate you must have had missed the assist for the equiliser to itty, must also have missed the best pass of the night first half to lukaku as well.

Rather be dragged to the dark ages mate than dragged to the championship which is where your boy Bobby would have taken us, as for his winning more trophies than us, yeah fair shout, shame he also got that team relegated isn't it mate.
You're happy with Baines and you're happy with the style of football we turn up with most games. Ok, I get it.

Baines for me is sinking fast, the football is in an embarrassment to the name of this club.

Never the twain shall meet, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back