Lesser spotted Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is to be punished financially and dropped from the squad for tomorrow which will be punishment in itself. He is our top scorer and playing well lets not go nuts eh?

True enough, but its the club and fans that are punished if we fail to get a positive result against, after all we pretty much have this game down as 3 points in our challenge against the favoured 4. Sure one player does not make the team, but it would damn nice to have your top scorer playing for you.

Still another mans mistake is another mans opportunity, who will step up to the plate and take the chance offered.

Ok look I think he is far too big a talent to write off after one mistake- he came back to England a day later than the others. A. day.

2 days (y)

Thats not the issue though is it? Its the blatant lack of respect for his manager, his club, his teammates and the fans.

As a result of him thinking hes better than teammates like Joseph Yobo, we are now without him for an important match.

2 days (y)

Thats not the issue though is it? Its the blatant lack of respect for his manager, his club, his teammates and the fans.

As a result of him thinking hes better than teammates like Joseph Yobo, we are now without him for an important match.

I agree to a certain extent- but sell him over it?! Come off it...

When I say its a club matter I mean its an issue for Moyes to deal with and then its over. I have faith in the manager to do what is needed and then to draw a line under it.

Ill have to take your word for it about Boro although I cant remember it myself.

What I dont like is this immediate lynching of a player- maybe Im a soft touch but I rate Yak very highly and from all what Ive seen and heard hes part of the team spirit at Everton and long may that continue.

Someone said earlier that hes here only for the money- I dont agree at all. He was offered more money at Boro- but he wanted success. Success is going to be playing for us I know it.

Yep, that's the one.

I guess my point is that people calling for Yak to be shipped out need might need to sit down for a second, take a deep breath, and count to ten.

Moyes handled it in the right way. Drop him, fine his ass, and tell him "don't ever do it again." Case closed.

But sell him. Geez, you'd have a year round transfer market if players were being sold every time they stepped out of line.

Did Yak do wrong? Yes.
Did Moyes take care of it? Yes.

End of.

yak is a **** though. yobo came back no problem. as was mentioned earlier... it's the classic syndrome of we all suffer. and no respect for his fellow players and staff.

we should still have enough about us to beat reading though. but if it's 0-0 with a few missed chances i hope yak realises we needed him!

I think one thing about Moyes that just about all Evertonians can agree on is his stance when it comes to player discipline. He's worked so hard to get the right type of players together that he's not about to allow one player to muck it all up, Yakubu included.

I'm guessing he said as much to him and just so Yakubu knew Moyes wasn't joking, gave him a heavy fine and will sit him for the next match.

Moyes doesn't take crap off of anyone that's for sure.

I think one thing about Moyes that just about all Evertonians can agree on is his stance when it comes to player discipline. He's worked so hard to get the right type of players together that he's not about to allow one player to muck it all up, Yakubu included.

I'm guessing he said as much to him and just so Yakubu knew Moyes wasn't joking, gave him a heavy fine and will sit him for the next match.

Moyes doesn't take crap off of anyone that's for sure.

bang on TX.

that is what happened and really we all knew it would happen. moyes was in the press the other day saying how he had mellowed but you know he is not a man to cross!

Very good Zero :lol:

I guess in reality though all we can do is trust Moyes because none of us here know the details of why he was late back. Whilst you could perhaps deduce that if it were a serious issue then either Yak or Yobo would have told Moyes and the issue be resolved quietly the fact remains that none of us know the reason for the late return. All we can do is trust Moyes that he knows what he's doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back