Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Let’s talk about Nottingham Forest

Nuno's a very decent manager, don't get the negatively towards him tbh. Did a great job with Wolves by bringing them up and then managing two strong top half finishes, with a couple of good cups runs thrown in. Dropped off in the final year yes but not drastically, didn't end up they end up 13th? Miles away from danger still.

The Spurs appointment was the most ill-fitting pairing I can remember. Not really wise to judge him on that. Conte, who's undeniably excellent, went there after and couldn't really do anything either. They're just a weird club to manage (like us lol).

Nuno is very similar to Dyche. Suffers from a perception problem because hipsters don't like his teams' way of going about things.
I've got a few mates who are Albion fans and they swear blind Wolves only did what they did by cheating. Drawing on Jorge Mendes' resources. All deemed above board by the EFL - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/25/jorge-mendes-wolves-efl-comply

However it did raise many questions about their business model and financial dealings.

Anyway, my main takeaways from this post are:

A) West Brom are bitter teds, but the nickname 'The orange cheats' always makes me laugh
B) according to the article Leeds were cry arsing about it. Further cementing their reputation as a bunch of grassing bitter cry-babies.

No idea about Nuno tbf. His teams bored the crap out of me though.

I've got a few mates who are Albion fans and they swear blind Wolves only did what they did by cheating. Drawing on Jorge Mendes' resources. All deemed above board by the EFL - https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/25/jorge-mendes-wolves-efl-comply

However it did raise many questions about their business model and financial dealings.

A) West Brom are bitter teds, but the nickname 'The orange cheats' always makes me laugh
B) according to the article Leeds were cry arsing about it. Further cementing their reputation as a bunch of grassing bitter cry-babies.

Iirc Wolves were operating at a big loss in championship but the promotion to the Prem saved them. (Tho tbf a number of championship clubs take that risk) Although they still did end up breaching European FFP rules and had to rinse their team the past year to not fall victim to Prem rules.

But yeah the whole arrangement with Mendes is crooked anyway even ignoring the FFP angle

Last edited:

Quite funny that but you wouldn't expect Albion fans to say anything different. Must be hard to take being replaced in the Prem by their neighbours.

Wolves were smart in their dealings and bought some good players from Portugal that had they been English would have cost considerably more. In the year they went up, they made a loss of £57M but £20M of that was in bonuses to players for getting promotion. They then made a profit of £21M in their first season back. So looks to me that they actually knew what they were doing compared to our shower of dog s.

As for Nuno, what he did at Wolves is beyond question. He took a struggling Championship team and turned them into two 7th place finishes in the Prem, an FA Cup semi that they blew and the quarter finals in Europe.... in 4 years. He then took the Spurs job and actually had them top after 4 or 5 games before their fans decided they didn't like him. He only got 17 games at that basket case of a club.

Nuno is a good manager, no question and those saying Cooper is better, just match up the two records and it is quite clear who has done better. Nuno will make Forest hard to beat and absolutely won't be relegated.

Iirc Wolves were operating at a big loss in championship but the promotion to the Prem saved them. (Tho tbf a number of championship clubs take that risk) Although they still did end up breaching European FFP rules and had to rinse their team the past year to not fall victim to Prem rules.

But yeah the whole arrangement with Mendes is crooked anyway even ignoring the FFP angle
That breach of European FFP was a farce though. Basically Wolves were too successful too quickly.

[Paid Content - Blacklisted]/1981718/2020/08/07/uefa-wolves-ffp-fine/

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back