Let's Look at the Big Picture !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I generally agree with what you said. One of our great strengths is that we're a team. We don't rely on a Rooney, a Fabregas or a Torres to be the difference. There are tweaks that we can make to the system that we use and the personnel, but they're finishing touches. An overhaul isn't necessary.

The RS will be lucky to make the top 10 next time if Rafael, Torres, Gerrard and Benayoun make their expected departures.

I expect James Milner (and possibly Ashley Young) to be in demand over the summer. If O'Neill carries out his threat to leave too, they'll be severely weakened next year.

If Rooney suffers a dip in form or an injury, then Man U will fall away from the summit unless they invest.

Arsenal have weakness upfront, in defence and also the goalkeeping department that Arsene has continually failed to address.

Chelsea are an ageing side and urgently require new blood.

Spurs could potentially be a shout for the title next year if they can add one or two more 'winners' to their squad.

If we can churn out results over the season, there's no reason why we can't be pushing for the Champion's League places next season. We've proved that we're a match for any team in the division. We do need to turn draws into wins against the midtable teams though.

This is a massive point as we've dropped points against Stoke (twice) Wolves (Twice) Birmingham (Twice) Hull away, Burnley away, Bolton away etc. I know we are never going to win all of our games but we certainly need to be beating these teams that are struggling.

regarding our horrible start to this season, I'm happy with the finish. With a little more luck we'd be in Europe. But our start with 16 points in the first 14 games really crashed us. The only thing that have had me worried and concerned in the later games have been our leaking defence. In many games during the second half of the season we've given away leads to needless draws. With the type of defending and confidence in that we had the previous few seasons... we would have had 10 more points easily. I hope Jags can create the type of solid strongwall defence he had with £E$cott with either Senderos or Heitinga during the summer so we can start with some iron defence. We have shown that we can score goals this season. In many games we've made 2 or more goals, but we need to tighten the defence to get a better goaldifference so we don't need to collect more points than our oppositions to finish above them in the league.

Our squad showed this season that they can fight and beat the top teams. We won against Chelsea and ManU and drew with Arsenal away (we should have won that one), so we have shown we can fight with the best. What we have lost is the ability to outplay weaker teams more comfortable.

I agree with what someone wrote earlier that Yobo can be sold, if we keep Senderos and need money. We can play with two different pairings in CD if we get a tight schedule. Jags-Heitinga for the tougher leg and Senderos-Distin for the weaker opposition. But I still think Moyes will hold on to Yobo. Vaughan could probably also be let loose. Don't think Moyes will sell Saha until we've secured another competent striker though.

regarding our horrible start to this season, I'm happy with the finish. With a little more luck we'd be in Europe. But our start with 16 points in the first 14 games really crashed us. The only thing that have had me worried and concerned in the later games have been our leaking defence. In many games during the second half of the season we've given away leads to needless draws. With the type of defending and confidence in that we had the previous few seasons... we would have had 10 more points easily. I hope Jags can create the type of solid strongwall defence he had with £E$cott with either Senderos or Heitinga during the summer so we can start with some iron defence. We have shown that we can score goals this season. In many games we've made 2 or more goals, but we need to tighten the defence to get a better goaldifference so we don't need to collect more points than our oppositions to finish above them in the league.

Our squad showed this season that they can fight and beat the top teams. We won against Chelsea and ManU and drew with Arsenal away (we should have won that one), so we have shown we can fight with the best. What we have lost is the ability to outplay weaker teams more comfortable.

I agree with what someone wrote earlier that Yobo can be sold, if we keep Senderos and need money. We can play with two different pairings in CD if we get a tight schedule. Jags-Heitinga for the tougher leg and Senderos-Distin for the weaker opposition. But I still think Moyes will hold on to Yobo. Vaughan could probably also be let loose. Don't think Moyes will sell Saha until we've secured another competent striker though.

Yeah agree mate. Well put but I just think Yobo won't want to stay warming the bench and is on good wages so he may be sacrificed. We'll see tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.