Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda get it but still a bit confused. Although we don't know how much we have to sell before 30 June, assuming we get this Tim lad for £10 million before the end of the month, doesn't this mean we need to raise an extra £10 million on top of whatever we need to raise in the first place? Apologies for being stoopid!!!!

I kinda get it but still a bit confused. Although we don't know how much we have to sell before 30 June, assuming we get this Tim lad for £10 million before the end of the month, doesn't this mean we need to raise an extra £10 million on top of whatever we need to raise in the first place? Apologies for being stoopid!!!!
It's only when the transfer fee is due that it appears on the balance sheet. Could be 1m now 9m in 2 years time etc. However the sale goes on the balance sheet at the time of the sale.

No. Assume Dobbin is sold for the same 10 million as the other guy, the math for Everton is:

1. 10 million profit on Dobbin
2. Tim gets a 5 year contract, so his 10 million fee is amortized over 5 years, charge for 2024-2025 is 2 million

8 million profit for the year.

I probably won’t explain this well.
Let’s say we sign this lad for 10m on a 5 year contract.
We pay 2m up front as the 10m is spread over the length of his contract.
The selling club villa put the full 10m on the accounts immediately, therefore making an 8m profit.
We do the same with dobbin.
So basically both clubs get 8m profit on the psr sheet.
Or something like that.

Screenshot_20240619_220948_Google.webp

This ain't Villa's first dance at this gig.

This is the game.

I probably won’t explain this well.
Let’s say we sign this lad for 10m on a 5 year contract.
We pay 2m up front as the 10m is spread over the length of his contract.
The selling club villa put the full 10m on the accounts immediately, therefore making an 8m profit.
We do the same with dobbin.
So basically both clubs get 8m profit on the psr sheet.
Or something like that.

so we just need to sell another 90 mill’s worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back