Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
A ridiculous state of affairs when clubs need to do this dance.

Especially when they have just broke into top four like Villa.
They have a good manager, good players and a healthy amount of homegrown talent…and are still on the edge of being smacked by PSR. What is the point?

It’s just so clearly a tool to protect the traditional clubs from the injection of new money into the game.

They have a good manager, good players and a healthy amount of homegrown talent…and are still on the edge of being smacked by PSR. What is the point?

It’s just so clearly a tool to protect the traditional clubs from the injection of new money into the game.
I'm no expert on Villa.

But to me they seem pretty well run, owners have money and have just had a great season without spending like crazy.

Champions League means revenue will be up next season. And yet they are struggling with PSR?

Working as intended me thinks. Keep in your lane and know your place.

I'm no expert on Villa.

But to me they seem pretty well run, owners have money and have just had a great season without spending like crazy.

Champions League means revenue will be up next season. And yet they are struggling with PSR?

They introduced all this PSR stuff after Chelsea found success. Coincidence? I think not. They were too slow to stop City and have now went militant in stopping anyone else.

The league didn’t give a damn when it was the old money dominating the transfer market, tapping up every stand out young talent and bullying teams into selling. But suddenly now they’re previous over it. It’s SO obvious.

I'm no expert on Villa.

Any chance a comment on 'home grown players', just for me. Pretty please.

No. Assume Dobbin is sold for the same 10 million as the other guy, the math for Everton is:

1. 10 million profit on Dobbin
2. Tim gets a 5 year contract, so his 10 million fee is amortized over 5 years, charge for 2024-2025 is 2 million

8 million profit for the year.

I feel like @Goat and @MikeH72 would benefit from this.

I probably won’t explain this well.
Let’s say we sign this lad for 10m on a 5 year contract.
We pay 2m up front as the 10m is spread over the length of his contract.
The selling club villa put the full 10m on the accounts immediately, therefore making an 8m profit.
We do the same with dobbin.
So basically both clubs get 8m profit on the psr sheet.
Or something like that.

Those two would also benefit from this.

Ive been saying we should do this for four seasons:

Meanwhile those two little girls who dont understand the rules seem to enjoy tagging one another and laughing at me for suggesting such a thing.

If only the club had done this four seasons ago = ZERO charges.

Just reading Villa are in for Maatsen as well.

Both Villa and Chelsea up to their necks in it too.

Looks like Maatsen joining Villa for £37.5 mill and would fully expect Duran to join Chelsea for a similar fee.

Both get about £30m odd profit this year and then spread the £37.5 fee over 5 years in ammortisation.

PSR is dead.
[/QUOTE

Around the same value United bid for Branthwaite.

A ridiculous state of affairs when clubs need to do this dance.

Especially when they have just broke into top four like Villa.

Its all designed to keep their favourites at the top.

Have Villa bid half his value and told the media that they won't be held to ransom?

Why not just ask people how PSR works?

Thf he would be going out on loan anyway the kid has something but this deal makes sense if we get their midfield prospect in return. We will need to bring in two wingers with pace if he does go.

Thf he would be going out on loan anyway the kid has something but this deal makes sense if we get their midfield prospect in return. We will need to bring in two wingers with pace if he does go.

Interesting to see how much he goes for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back