Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who feels they are stupid by not inflating the price to exploit this psr loophole.

10m player swap with Villa? Why not make it 30, 50, 70m?

Need to be careful to be seen to play the game mate, if my memory is right i think Barca and Juve were done for shenanigans in player trading.

By keeping the amount at a relatively modest level (say £10m), it’s very hard for the premier league to challenge whether the transaction is at market value.

Selling Dobbin for say £50m on paper would likely receive challenge.

Having said that, maybe I’m giving the premier league too much credit here!
I think they probably could have gone to 15m or maybe a little more, if this is the scam we think it is.
Both are young, both with Premiership experience and Dobbin has a premiership goal to his name.

Shady business going on between two PSR stricken clubs?

Why on earth would Villa want Dobbin
They probably dont, we probably getting the better end of the deal as they have better crop of youngsters than us, as we sold are better ones last season. This is definitely just a way to avoid PSR and dobbin is currently our best homegrown player.

They probably dont, we probably getting the better end of the deal as they have better crop of youngsters than us, as we sold are better ones last season. This is definitely just a way to avoid PSR and dobbin is currently our best homegrown player.
tumblr_ptzdnx2wY11r3ykuvo3_540.gifv

I understand why Iroegbunam would like the move to Everton, it would give him the opportunity to play and develop his career in the same manner as James Garner.

What is not so clear to me is why Dobbin is wanted by Villa or would want to go to Villa, apart from a possible salary increase.

I think Dobbin is much more likely to get regular football at Everton than Villa, but if he goes I hope he does well.

Another transfer fee for an academy player to help keep the club afloat.
That is Gordon, Simms, Cannon, ISS and now possibly Dobbin in less than two years earning the club around 73m.

Seeing what Chelsea do then why not, you need to be smart to get around these BS rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back