Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha is he?
I'm with you. I guess it's more of a general reflection of what's coming out of the academy than how good he actually is.

If Villa want to pay actual money for him then I'd rather that than see Dobbin do a Matty Pennington and have an eight club loan career whilst we 'have a look at him.'

I doubt very much Villa fans are salivating at the prospect of him joining.

I feel like @Goat and @MikeH72 would benefit from this.

Those two would also benefit from this.

Ive been saying we should do this for four seasons:

Meanwhile those two little girls who dont understand the rules seem to enjoy tagging one another and laughing at me for suggesting such a thing.

If only the club had done this four seasons ago = ZERO charges.
I think, like you are explaining Zat, it is one of the new ways to get around the ridiculous and unfair PSR rules.
I hope when the premier league make their changes to these rules soon they keep in mind every club in the league not just the present elite clubs.

Just reading Villa are in for Maatsen as well.

Both Villa and Chelsea up to their necks in it too.

Looks like Maatsen joining Villa for £37.5 mill and would fully expect Duran to join Chelsea for a similar fee.

Both get about £30m odd profit this year and then spread the £37.5 fee over 5 years in ammortisation.

PSR is dead.
Am I the only one who feels they are stupid by not inflating the price to exploit this psr loophole.

10m player swap with Villa? Why not make it 30, 50, 70m?

Am I the only one who feels they are stupid by not inflating the price to exploit this psr loophole.

We don't need to. We're presumably just doing this to get around the June 30th deadline. Over the next 2 summers we will almost certainly be selling Onana and Branthwaite for huge figures.

By keeping the amount at a relatively modest level (say £10m), it’s very hard for the premier league to challenge whether the transaction is at market value.

Selling Dobbin for say £50m on paper would likely receive challenge.

Having said that, maybe I’m giving the premier league too much credit here!

By keeping the amount at a relatively modest level (say £10m), it’s very hard for the premier league to challenge whether the transaction is at market value.

Selling Dobbin for say £50m on paper would likely receive challenge.

Having said that, maybe I’m giving the premier league too much credit here!

Liverpool are trying to sell their dosser of a second choice keeper for £30m, I think that should be challenged myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back