Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand why Iroegbunam would like the move to Everton, it would give him the opportunity to play and develop his career in the same manner as James Garner.

What is not so clear to me is why Dobbin is wanted by Villa or would want to go to Villa, apart from a possible salary increase.

I think Dobbin is much more likely to get regular football at Everton than Villa, but if he goes I hope he does well.

Another transfer fee for an academy player to help keep the club afloat.
That is Gordon, Simms, Cannon, ISS and now possibly Dobbin in less than two years earning the club around 73m.
European football, domestic league and cups for Villa. He'll definitely be given a few runs with them.

People saying Dobbin has pace, he looked like he was running in treacle like Magaye Gueye the few times I saw him in the first team. Not one I’m scared of coming back to bite us, and think we’re getting the better end of the deal with Tim coming here. Wish him all the best though.

8 million profit baby

giphy.gif

People saying Dobbin has pace, he looked like he was running in treacle like Magaye Gueye the few times I saw him in the first team. Not one I’m scared of coming back to bite us, and think we’re getting the better end of the deal with Tim coming here. Wish him all the best though.

He definitely has pace. Was lightning compared to Simms.

This is where PSR is horseshite, Dobbin is the kind of player we should be keeping another year or two and we decide whether to keep him in our first team squad or loan him out for a year or so to see if he makes it, not to have to sell him to satisfy the numbers game and letting other teams then benefit from either having a first team player or selling for a bigger fee

I thought 10 million was inflated at first. But when you consider both Simms and Cannon went for similar amounts and they all have decent potential.

I don't see anything wrong with this deal involving the Villa kid coming this way. We should be proactively doing more of these deals in the future, it not only improves our PSR but gives some of these kids a chance of making a career at a different club.

if we sell dobbin am i right in thinking the only out and out wingers at the club left are mcneil and possible harrison on loan?

…I wouldn’t class Dobbin as a ‘winger’. He gets that tag because he’s small and pacy but coming through the Academy he was always more effective through central positions.

I thought 10 million was inflated at first. But when you consider both Simms and Cannon went for similar amounts and they all have decent potential.

I don't see anything wrong with this deal involving the Villa kid coming this way. We should be proactively doing more of these deals in the future, it not only improves our PSR but gives some of these kids a chance of making a career at a different club.
Dobbin has the same amount of premier league goals as Chukwuemeka did last season and Chelsea signed him from Villa for around 20 mil

so i think we can easily justify 10 mil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back