2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, but wondered could we look to get that struck off, given the rule states the offence has to be dealt with the the same season.
It's strange how quiet that's gone considering it's a fairly pressing issue. It might be complicated but it can't be THAT hard to get in the right experts and resolve it- even if it couldn't be resolved before the end of the season it surely should've been resolved before the end of the FY.

He also notes himself that his numbers assume we win the interest argument, which is hopefully not an assumption the club themselves are making.

To be fair, for the Prem to win the interest argument it would require them to successfully challenge the position of one of the top 10 audit firms in the country. There's a couple of reasons why they could genuinely win that argument and the approach from the club could be bogus, but it would be a huge development/claim, far stronger than the claims brought against us already resulting in deductions.

My point being it's not quite as unreasonable for the club to assume they'll win that argument as it was unreasonable for them to assume they'd win the original PSR breaches. I think we'll end up selling DCL anyway pre-July and it won't be a big issue for this year, but the historic adjustments could create a problem re: more deductions.

It's strange how quiet that's gone considering it's a fairly pressing issue. It might be complicated but it can't be THAT hard to get in the right experts and resolve it- even if it couldn't be resolved before the end of the season it surely should've been resolved before the end of the FY.

Agree completely mate, as you alluded to how can we know what our financial situation - if we dont know what way potential parts of our interest are and that is due to lack of clarity in procedure - if we breach again next year and that is a factor in terms of double jeopardy - it seems procedurally farcical.

To be fair, for the Prem to win the interest argument it would require them to successfully challenge the position of one of the top 10 audit firms in the country. There's a couple of reasons why they could genuinely win that argument and the approach from the club could be bogus, but it would be a huge development/claim, far stronger than the claims brought against us already resulting in deductions.

My point being it's not quite as unreasonable for the club to assume they'll win that argument as it was unreasonable for them to assume they'd win the original PSR breaches. I think we'll end up selling DCL anyway pre-July and it won't be a big issue for this year, but the historic adjustments could create a problem re: more deductions.
I wonder if there is the tiniest chance common sense may have prevailed and the PL have concluded that challenging audited accounts is an over-reach, and they've allowed it to quietly go away (perhaps linked to us not appealing the rest of the decision)? But then common sense has rarely played a part in the past.

The reasoning is:
Everton buy Ironbunam for £9m giving Villa £9m PSR profit for 2023/24.
Villa buy Dobbin for £9m giving Everton £9m PSR profit for 2023/24.

Both Villa and Everton happy, screw PSR rules.

Minus the amount of amortisation per year of around £2 million I presume.

I wonder if there is the tiniest chance common sense may have prevailed and the PL have concluded that challenging audited accounts is an over-reach, and they've allowed it to quietly go away (perhaps linked to us not appealing the rest of the decision)? But then common sense has rarely played a part in the past.

Regrettably, probably absolutely no chance - when you consider that the Premier League are supposed to advocate on behalf of all 20 clubs, if a club had treated interest charges in the same way that we had, I would expect the Premier League to at least interrogate it. I can't see them binning off an inquiry now

The reasoning is:
Everton buy Ironbunam for £9m giving Villa £9m PSR profit for 2023/24.
Villa buy Dobbin for £9m giving Everton £9m PSR profit for 2023/24.

Both Villa and Everton happy, screw PSR rules.
Genuine question: why aren’t we buying/selling for £30m?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back