2023/24 Lewis Dobbin

Status
Not open for further replies.
By keeping the amount at a relatively modest level (say £10m), it’s very hard for the premier league to challenge whether the transaction is at market value.

Selling Dobbin for say £50m on paper would likely receive challenge.

Having said that, maybe I’m giving the premier league too much credit here!
Plus, we'd have to explain the transactions to the PL while keeping a straight face. I doubt there's anyone on the planet with the self control and restraint to do that with £50 million fees.

People saying Dobbin has pace, he looked like he was running in treacle like Magaye Gueye the few times I saw him in the first team. Not one I’m scared of coming back to bite us, and think we’re getting the better end of the deal with Tim coming here. Wish him all the best though.

Lookman and Gordon seem to have found success elsewhere. Dobby could fit the same bill.

That tweet has misunderstood the article. The article that's being referenced there (which relies on a lot of assumptions, albeit most fairly reasonable) puts us at £3.3m within the PSR regulations. In other words, we are already compliant, and the sale of Dobbin would give us extra wiggle room.

What's probably the reality is that we are not within the PSR regulations by a small amount (£~5m), and the assumptions in the article are slightly too optimistic, hence the sale of Dobbin. In other words, the article is probably a little bit wrong.

That tweet has misunderstood the article. The article that's being referenced there (which relies on a lot of assumptions, albeit most fairly reasonable) puts us at £3.3m within the PSR regulations. In other words, we are already compliant, and the sale of Dobbin would give us extra wiggle room.

What's probably the reality is that we are not within the PSR regulations by a small amount (£~5m), and the assumptions in the article are slightly too optimistic, hence the sale of Dobbin. In other words, the article is probably a little bit wrong.
The assumptions in the article are WILD, to say the least.

He also notes himself that his numbers assume we win the interest argument, which is hopefully not an assumption the club themselves are making.

That Everton Extra twitter account misrepresents everything. I reckon it needs blacklisting on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back