link from Toffeeweb

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, thanks lads. Was very surprised to see it!

give me 10-15 minutes to go back and open that thread, this internet connection is so bad its funny!

ah, just found this posted by Garry on the TW forum....

QUOTE(Ichigo @ Apr 16 2007, 08:34 AM)
A few members still post on both forums, but a lot only post on the other one. The toffeeweb main site owners have said that if the other forum persists in its high level of activity it could replace this incarnation of TW forum as the #1 forum.

That will *not* be happening now Lyndon's had both sides of the story. In fact, I doubt the front page link will last much longer either...

ah, just found this posted by Garry on the TW forum....

QUOTE(Ichigo @ Apr 16 2007, 08:34 AM)
A few members still post on both forums, but a lot only post on the other one. The toffeeweb main site owners have said that if the other forum persists in its high level of activity it could replace this incarnation of TW forum as the #1 forum.

That will *not* be happening now Lyndon's had both sides of the story. In fact, I doubt the front page link will last much longer either...

Have no fears Rodders if Lyndon is as fair a bloke as he appears to be this matter will be resolved shortly to the satisfaction of the majority mate, truth will out every time(y) (y)

shame i didnt get a screen shot from when we were 'privileged' enough to be linked on TW.

the blue arrow shows where the link used to be.

Attachments

• 1111111111111.webp
    1111111111111.webp
    61.8 KB · Views: 9
Oh well I've updated my thread again. I hope Lyndon reads it and finishes this at last.

We did put a link up on the TW main page. At the time, I was receiving a lot of e-mail that gave me the impression that everyone had moved over here and that Garry's forum was being deserted. In the same way that we carry a link to the People's Forum, I didn't see the harm in adding a link to GOT as well.

Upon further reflection, we removed the link again last night. Michael and I agreed that while the TW Forum carries our name we should support it. Garry felt a bit put out seeing as he's been hosting and paying to run our forum so, again, I thought it was best to take the GOT link down and give Garry the chance to rebuild the TW Forum.

Personally, having overseen a fair number of meltdowns in the early days of the ToffeeNet mailing list, it seems to me that the best thing Garry could do is restore the pre-existing mods, loosen his admin style a little, organise a group hug :huh: and maybe allow a little healing to take place.

I may have been unforgiveably remiss in not frequenting my own site's forum (life is impossibly busy right now) but everything I'm hearing says that it was once working very well. It would be a pity for everyone to go their seperate ways but I understand why you guys feel you had to.

COYB!

LL

We did put a link up on the TW main page. At the time, I was receiving a lot of e-mail that gave me the impression that everyone had moved over here and that Garry's forum was being deserted. In the same way that we carry a link to the People's Forum, I didn't see the harm in adding a link to GOT as well.

Upon further reflection, we removed the link again last night. Michael and I agreed that while the TW Forum carries our name we should support it. Garry felt a bit put out seeing as he's been hosting and paying to run our forum so, again, I thought it was best to take the GOT link down and give Garry the chance to rebuild the TW Forum.

Personally, having overseen a fair number of meltdowns in the early days of the ToffeeNet mailing list, it seems to me that the best thing Garry could do is restore the pre-existing mods, loosen his admin style a little, organise a group hug :huh: and maybe allow a little healing to take place.

I may have been unforgiveably remiss in not frequenting my own site's forum (life is impossibly busy right now) but everything I'm hearing says that it was once working very well. It would be a pity for everyone to go their seperate ways but I understand why you guys feel you had to.

COYB!

LL

This would be my personal preference.

I was fairly active on the toffeeweb forum once upon a time, then eventually just checked in now and again.
To me, one of the worst things about it was the association with the toffeeweb main site.
The whole - 'if you arent as pissed of about moyes,kenwright etc as us, your a gullible-know-nothing-idiot' - attitude pissed me off.

Shooting down anyone who disagrees with snide comments in the mailbag, trying to make people look small, with completely obtuse replies ie, someone may well make a good 400-500 word letter, that disagrees with what has been said previously by Kermit, kermit will then concentrate on one paragraph that is flawed, and try to take the piss.
The man is an idiotic megalomaniac.
Once upon a time he went on that forum, and showed himself up for the tit he is, 'halewood blue' had the measure of him, what happened to halewood blue eh?
So he stays in the mailbag instead so he can caress his ego knowing full well he can have the last word.

I can take or leave toffeeweb, I use it to check the headlines mostly.

As you can see IMO Micheal is a [Poor language removed], no two ways about it, a self-righteous and arrogant [Poor language removed].
Colm I have no real opinion of, he seems okay to me, if he is negative, I have more respect of it being based in reality, than the 'emperors new clothes' system that Micheal prefers.
As for lyndon, I really would like to have seen more of his input on the site, as he seems, a decent fellow anytime Ive noticed him.

As for the old forum itself, I never had any real run ins with garry, but also, I didnt really agree either with what actions merited censure.

See sometimes I enjoy a little barney, there may be little digs in the tone etc, but I could just as easily joke with the same person on a completely different thread, it was nothing personal.
But sometimes you get jumped up gobshites on forums, who are constantly reporting people or claiming some links are offensive etc.

But generally I enjoyed the banter, Ive been mostly on 'when skies are grey' since.
Its alright for a laugh, but the forum is more like a shoutbox, and no-one really discuss's anything, and I do miss how the old forum was*sniff* .
But I really couldnt care less whether it was here or toffeeweb, seeing that people have gone to the trouble to put this together, this'll do for me....see how it goes kinda thing.
So I guess its up to the big posters(and spammers) to shape the forum.

Did anyone else realise that people who used the toffeeweb forum, are suspected of being idiots on other forums due to association with the main site?
Or should I say through association with micheal via the main site.(sorry lyndon).

COYB!

LL

I apologise but as you have posted this in a different forum/thread I have only just seen it. From a personal stand point I will refuse to return to your forum, although I doubt if Garry would ever have me back, while he is there. Yes, matters went too far, they were allowed to go that way by him. I have supported my beloved blues for over 50 years through thick and thin yet that dope saw fit to accuse me of being a red, the greatest insult anyone could throw in my direction, being sneaky he made that claim to Rob japan in a pm hence he is also a coward. Sorry my friend but imo your actions are too little too late. I think you'll find that his ludicrous claims on members and postings will not materialise because the TRUE BLUES are here now. I will give up the web before posting on a forum controlled by that fool ever again. I hold no rancour towards you my firend and wish you well in all your endeavours on behalf of the blues, just lighten up on BK, KW and DM it does your forum no favours at all:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back