link from Toffeeweb

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for lyndon, I really would like to have seen more of his input on the site, as he seems, a decent fellow anytime Ive noticed him.

Unfortunately, these days my input is restricted mostly to infrastructure and coding improvements that are more or less transparent to our visitors.

I have an article on Moyes that I started back in October that's still sitting unfinished on my desktop. Likewise the Stadium issue, which is also weeks old now. Player of the Month has been neglected and polls run for weeks because I'm trying to balance work and home life with more improvements to the main site which I'm keen to get done.

Maybe next season I can offer more input :) We'll see!

LL

I dont think anyone is after you lyndon, there definatley is an axe to grind with garry for some, no one (so far as i know)is criticising TW about polls or articles - the mailbag issue has already been mentioned - all website owners have to balance real life and internet time, thats not a problem, what is a problem as an abusive - cowardly - lying - forum owner that simply will not listen to ANYONE else.

Forum owners like the ones here that activley engage with other board members is brilliant, open discussion about what ordinary members would like to see incorporated and getting admin/mod opinion on current topics gives the place an 'everyman' feel, instead of the exclusivity problems garry made with his "trusted members" area, where a little talking behind other peoples backs occasionally happened.

garry mentioned he distanced himself from a certain 'clique' yet he implemented an elitist code on his board.

you have had it from the horses mouth, he is a hypocrit by admission, and it apperas by the evidence of the implementation and removal of a certain link that you have sided with his royal highness garry.

please, correct me if i am wrong.

it apperas by the evidence of the implementation and removal of a certain link that you have sided with his royal highness garry.

please, correct me if i am wrong.

As I posted in the other thread, it's not as simple as merely taking sides. Cutting Garry loose over this after all he has done for TW would be criminal. Rather, I'd like to give him the opportunity to put things right and get the Forum back onto a sound footing again.

Moving the link to GoT from the homepage to the links section was first and foremost an act of support for the ToffeeWeb Forum.

i can appreciate that, i can imagine how that conversation happened, tell me im wrong, garry mentioned he was 'hurt' that the toffeeweb owners had implemented and shown support to a forum directly setup by individuals that were opposed to garrys regime and that he felt it was a smack in the face to him after all the work and cost he had put in to running a subsidiary facet of the toffeeweb website.

it appears to me lyndon, that you are in a position of referee, and neither side SEEMS to be prepared to budge an inch, i suspect it will take a monumental effort to get all the sides to see eye to eye.

it would be interesting (to me at least) if you could share some of your findings or opinions as you go, at least as far as his perceived megalomaniac approach to his so called fellow blues - and i am not refering to blues that proclaim liverpool fc to be a great side playing great football who everton are miles behind.... if you catch my drift.

As I posted in the other thread, it's not as simple as merely taking sides. Cutting Garry loose over this after all he has done for TW would be criminal. Rather, I'd like to give him the opportunity to put things right and get the Forum back onto a sound footing again.

Moving the link to GoT from the homepage to the links section was first and foremost an act of support for the ToffeeWeb Forum.

Lyndon, While I see what your saying, I dont quite understand how removing the link to here would be an act of support for the ToffeeWeb forum? Are you suggesting we're rivals? :mellow:

This site existed under another name before the TW forum was created, it was always an intention to bring it back, Garry even offered to help at one point.

I appreciate the no win situation you seem to be in, hopefully at some point in the future, you might consider putting the link back.

Cutting Garry loose over this after all he has done for TW would be criminal.
I agree. FWIW I think you are doing the right thing by the TWF. From Garrys post, it does seem like he tried objectively to stick to the rules that were set out. I do however think he has maybe painted a very pretty picture with his rendition, and its actually the personal side of things he is alleged to have done, which was aimed at specific people that is causing this ill feeling. A leopard does not change its spots sadly. So it would be a shame to let TWF build up again over a period of time and for a similar meltdown to happen all over again. Forums are hard work, mostly put in by honest members that just want a place to enjoy themselves. I am still a bit stunned one MOD has apparently caused such fallout.

Rather, I'd like to give him the opportunity to put things right and get the Forum back onto a sound footing again.
I'd like to see TWF get back to how it was. I am not sure its going to happen though as I think a few people need to talk to each other and get a few things off their chest without harsh words being said(if possible). Going forward with it, there would have to be more of an oversight from yourself L to admin activities or this might just blow up all over again.
This elitest or trusted members area sounds ridiculous. The only thing that could ever be discussed in there was other members. What was the point in that decision exactly.

I don't know. From my perspective it seems like someone has to make an apology. It needs to be a good one and then people need to make a decision on how to move forward (or how to revert and work together again).

This elitest or trusted members area sounds ridiculous. The only thing that could ever be discussed in there was other members. What was the point in that decision exactly.

Too true, ichigo, too true - and destructive to any forum, especially if it is kept secret and then comes to light.

Too true, ichigo, too true - and destructive to any forum, especially if it is kept secret and then comes to light.

sure it was a bit weird to go to an area where there were only 10 or so posters. it was quite boring in there tbh until all the spice with shabs started. the last few days there were quality. the gloves were off and posters were toe to toe trading knock out punches. ah.. happy days!

sure it was a bit weird to go to an area where there were only 10 or so posters. it was quite boring in there tbh until all the spice with shabs started. the last few days there were quality. the gloves were off and posters were toe to toe trading knock out punches. ah.. happy days!

Teppic before I start I want to say that I enjoy your posts and like having you around but you do come across as though butter wouldnt melt!

You posted frequently in the Senior members area and joined in with the banter as much as anyone else. You try to come across as though you are mightier than thou but you arent!

Teppic before I start I want to say that I enjoy your posts and like having you around but you do come across as though butter wouldnt melt!

You posted frequently in the Senior members area and joined in with the banter as much as anyone else. You try to come across as though you are mightier than thou but you arent!

Absolutely correct Mick, well said lad.

I never noticed anyone say in the Senios lounge that this is wrong we shouldn't have been there, hindsight is a strange talent. One thing is certain lads, I think:lol: :lol: , that there is no such thing as Garry's waiting room on this site.:P

[Poor language removed] all this bullshit about the Seniors Lounge off.

Its idea was good and if you werent in it then you didnt mind as you came on the board to talk about the blues. It certainly wasnt used for bitching about other members, and at the end of the day its a [Poor language removed] internet forum.

Lets get over it and move on.

An area where moderators can converse about foum issues and problematic forum members is essential, it isnt necessarily an 'old boys club' - but an area where things can be discussed away from prying eyes and decisions made, when a decision is made and needs mod approval the area is invaluable because not everyone is online at the same time, so all mods get to keep up to speed.

It appears a slightly bitchy atmosphere enveloped that area on TWF accentuated by the willful denial of the forum owner over a certain decision about a certain individual.

put quite simply, if garry was going to over rule his mods, why have any mods at all.

as for the following...

teppic said:
the last few days there were quality. the gloves were off and posters were toe to toe trading knock out punches. ah.. happy days!

:sidewayslook:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back