Liverpool 3-0 Everton. 13th Mar at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
steering clear of the mind boggling team selection for a moment - how in the name of Jaysus has Hibbert managed to be a first team player with us for so long - he is absolutely shocking, probably the worst player on the ball in the entire league, you can see him tensing up as the ball comes near him and he only ever does two things with the ball a) from the full back position he plays the ball down the wing irrespective of who's around him or actually down the wing b) when he finds himself on the ball a bit further up the park with a bit of time he will always always always hesitate for about 3 seconds THEN gives a 3 yard pass to whoever's playing right mid again irrespective of the fact that this player is now heavily marked - shocking excuse for a footballer and he's not much use defensively either, tunes out a lot and as a result gets caught out of position at least twice a game - 10 years and he's been our best option as right back, no wonder we play sh*te football, everytime the ball comes anywhere near him our move breaks down.....

Totally agree, and we always seem to give him the ball? are our players really that thick. in no other team would he be playing in the premiership.

steering clear of the mind boggling team selection for a moment - how in the name of Jaysus has Hibbert managed to be a first team player with us for so long - he is absolutely shocking, probably the worst player on the ball in the entire league, you can see him tensing up as the ball comes near him and he only ever does two things with the ball a) from the full back position he plays the ball down the wing irrespective of who's around him or actually down the wing b) when he finds himself on the ball a bit further up the park with a bit of time he will always always always hesitate for about 3 seconds THEN gives a 3 yard pass to whoever's playing right mid again irrespective of the fact that this player is now heavily marked - shocking excuse for a footballer and he's not much use defensively either, tunes out a lot and as a result gets caught out of position at least twice a game - 10 years and he's been our best option as right back, no wonder we play sh*te football, everytime the ball comes anywhere near him our move breaks down.....

and yet he was still our best player last night in my eyes.

and yet he was still our best player last night in my eyes.

I assume that's a wind up, as mentioned above when the ball came near him our attack/move broke down - and this is pretty much the norm week in week out, when was the last time he ever did anything constructive with the ball - compare that to our other full back who does it with his eyes closed 7 or 8 times a game

Looking back on my feelings last night, I realised that when the third went in I didn't even care.

The damage had been done already. Try could have scored 10 and my feelings would be the same today.

So almost 24 hours later....and is anyone still absolutely fuming? Had 2 hours sleep last night because of the nerves. Woke up at 5:30 to watch the match full of optimism and believe and then it all crushed by that pathetic excuse of a performance. To make it worse it's now 8pm and I'm on a 5am flight.

What a complete utter joke that was. From what ive read as well, Moyes offered no apology to fans either. He is kidding himself? Ok we have a game on Saturday but Jesus these are professional footballer players that get paid GREAT money to play this game.

Whilst I lay the blame on Moyes for the team selection including Jagielka who looked like he didn't know he was even in a football game. The blame has to go to the players as well. At the end of the day it was 11 men vs 11 kopites. And not one of our players look liked they wanted it. In my opinion, they should all be ashamed. As a fan all I ask is they respect the shirt. None of them did that last night.

Most of my kopite mates have been ok about it to be honest. But that was embarrassing. Sunderland is must win. And just to add we have the Arsenal after that so can we expect a similar team and scoreline then?

Agreed.

Thats not a good thing though.

i honestly cant understand how anyone could think that hibbert was our best player last night, it was his complete ineptitude (again) which actually annoyed me more than the team selection and thats saying something - I dont get to the games anymore so is there something i'm missing here? no taking the p*ss here jsut asking as someone who doesn't get to see them play live anymore

sod the QUARTER FINAL yes QUARTER FINAL, not semi or final but QUARTER thats what he dropped players for we stillare 180mins from a final and 270mins from winning it, we could have gone 7th in the prem last night and he chose a quarter final rather than the game all the fans at least want to see us competitive in and we bottled it for a ****in quarter final.

thanks Dave for reminding me why i have fumin with you most of this year.

still fuming here

i honestly cant understand how anyone could think that hibbert was our best player last night, it was his complete ineptitude (again) which actually annoyed me more than the team selection and thats saying something - I dont get to the games anymore so is there something i'm missing here? no taking the p*ss here jsut asking as someone who doesn't get to see them play live anymore

I agree mate. He is very very average. I think he made one good defensive tackle last night. I think because he is an Evertonian and a Moyes favorite that he will be here until he hangs up the boots. Similar to Neville really.

sexualchocolate's right here. Hibbo was bad, with the exception of two moments, all in all. All the attacks they had throughout the game were mostly down the right, or through his zone at least.

No matter how frustrating it was, we have to manage resources. Moyes wants silverware, we want silverware. We don't win a medal for winning at Anfield, its just 3 points.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. Just wrong.

If we batter Sland with the team we should have played tonight, then evil genius moves by Moyes

See above.

Well, the morning after the night before and I still can't believe what he did to us.

And I still can't believe some fellow Blues who actually feel he was somehow justified in sacrificing last night and putting all his eggs in the Cup basket.

Certain games I can agree with, but not the derby. Never in a million years.

That, my friends, is sacrilege and shows a total lack of respect for us fans, the lifeblood of the club.

Unforgiveable.

This.

Barely slept. The worst Liverpool side I've ever seen have put five past us this season and the most repulsive kopite since Aldo scored 3 of them and I just witnessed an Everton manager basically throw a derby, something I never thought I'd see. Inexcusable. Moyes owes the fans an apology or the FA Cup, as he just blew out getting into Europe via the league.

And this.

A terrible team selection from Moyes, I can only assume he was too busy celebrating his 10 years in charge and had a few too many halves of shandy.

Only Bainsey put in a shift, Jagielka's positioning for the first was appauling. The racist should've been clattered into the Kop before he even had chance for the dribble for the second, and the third, well the least said about Drenthe's mistake the better.

If this is what 10 years of Moyes results in then I'm not sure how many more years I can take.

Work is not going to be fun today!

I don't blame Jag for the first, for me the guys in the studio called it right: he had a split second decision to make, you can debate whether he made the right one or not (ignoring hindsight), but sometimes you just have to accept there are gonna be difficult decisions to make and sometimes you're gonna get them wrong... I'm normally a supporter of Howard but I thought he should have done better with the first shot.

I missed most of the first half, but saw all the second. Thought Felli played pretty well from what I saw. Rodwell was ok, but had a couple opportunities to shoot and bottled it big time. If those had fallen to Gerrard you know he would have scored :(
Baines/Piennar never seemed in sync, and we really struggled to create decent opportunities despite plenty of possesion, and they hit us on the break for the goals. Thought Jelavic did well when he came on, held the ball up well and some good touches to bring others into the game. Dunno wtf Moyes was thinking with the line-up, and why not go 442 with the subs? When the subs came on I told my mate exactly who was coming off... down 2-0 with 30 min to go and he's sticking to 451. Was mega-p*ssed when the 3rd went in, but calmed down now thank god...

sexualchocolate's right here. Hibbo was bad, with the exception of two moments, all in all. All the attacks they had throughout the game were mostly down the right, or through his zone at least.

Mate don't blame Hibbo for that game. He actually played like he gave a ****. I reckon after Howard he was motm. Players that were worse?

What about Coleman running around like a headless chicken and having no positional play

or Anichebe who literally couldn't play the position he was asked, never made a run, couldn't play a pass and was the ****est player on the pitch by a mile (followed by Henderson)

or Rodwell who did nothing after making one block in the tenth minute and then couldn't make any impact in the game

or Jagielka for being outmuscled and outplayed every time by their grock

or Baines for running the ball out of play and delivering shoite corners all game

or Pienaar for giving up after their second goal went in and trying to over complicate everything with crap little flicks

or Drenthe for giving the ball away nearly every time he touched it

or Moyes for his team selection and then for moaning about how their goals were lucky and we defended poorly: you dropped our inform defender and WE HAD ONE SHOT ON TARGET ALL GAME MOYES, WE COULDN'T PLAY WITH THE BALL AT OUR FEET, WORRY ABOUT THAT MORE MOYES

The whole team was fukn ****, I still can't believe how bad that was

After reflecting from last night and the alcohol wearing off I think I was a bit OTT so for that I apologise.

The premise I had is the same though- Moyes picks the team, for whatever reason he picked a team that seemed strange after a run of good results.

Some of them I can completely understand others I dont but that doesnt mean that there werent other factors.

Hibbert coming in for Neville- Hibbert is a local lad and would have been busting a gut to play.

Straq for Jelavic- Straq was playing well and was unlucky not to play against Spurs, Jelavic coming back from injury too.

Heitinga is the one I dont understand, been playing extremely well and the defence has had a few clean sheets of late. Was he carrying a knock? Something else going on with him? Fatigue after running his ass off against spurs? I dont know to be honest.

Pienaar coming in is obvious

Im truly gutted but our manager picks the team and some of his selections got us scratching our heads but there are probably reasons behind all of the changes.

I just hope we win saturday.

I've turned my phone on silent and turned Whatsapp off... Closed my email... I just can't bear having to deal with kopite scum today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back