Liverpool 3-0 Everton. 13th Mar at 20.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate don't blame Hibbo for that game. He actually played like he gave a ****. I reckon after Howard he was motm. Players that were worse?

What about Coleman running around like a headless chicken and having no positional play

or Anichebe who literally couldn't play the position he was asked, never made a run, couldn't play a pass and was the ****est player on the pitch by a mile (followed by Henderson)

or Rodwell who did nothing after making one block in the tenth minute and then couldn't make any impact in the game

or Jagielka for being outmuscled and outplayed every time by their grock

or Baines for running the ball out of play and delivering shoite corners all game

or Pienaar for giving up after their second goal went in and trying to over complicate everything with crap little flicks

or Drenthe for giving the ball away nearly every time he touched it

or Moyes for his team selection and then for moaning about how their goals were lucky and we defended poorly: you dropped our inform defender and WE HAD ONE SHOT ON TARGET ALL GAME MOYES, WE COULDN'T PLAY WITH THE BALL AT OUR FEET, WORRY ABOUT THAT MORE MOYES

The whole team was fukn ****, I still can't believe how bad that was

coleman, rodwell, jagielka and anichebe combined have played very little football in 2012 - why were they all starting?? only one person to blame for that

I have some sympathy for both anichebe and coleman as its blatanlty obvious that they are not wide players, not a big fan of anichebe's but his position is up front its as simple as that, Coleman is a full back and is having the confidence slowly drained out of him by playing in a position that he's not comfortable with, he's be a far more effective attacking player overlapping as a full back than getting the ball at this feet and being expected to run at players

as for howard and hibbert man of the match, sorry not for me, playing like you give a **** doesn't really count if you play crap in the process...

i honestly cant understand how anyone could think that hibbert was our best player last night, it was his complete ineptitude (again) which actually annoyed me more than the team selection and thats saying something - I dont get to the games anymore so is there something i'm missing here? no taking the p*ss here jsut asking as someone who doesn't get to see them play live anymore

No you're spot on.

Thank god i am off work today and til monday,would never hear the end of this,you will get people saying they are Liverpool fans that you never knew existed now,we should have put a strong team out last night as we surely are good enough to go for a win in both games 4 days apart.

Some stats

06mv6.png

066n5.png

05rYW.png

As I was drunk last night I woke up thinking it was genuinely a bad dream.

Imagine my disappointment when I realised it wasn't. FFS!

I was as enraged as everyone else when I saw the line-up, but ultimately each of those players who stepped foot on that pitch last night are high paid professionals who let their manager, the club and its fans down. Yes, there were players on the bench who would have had even more expected of them, but quite frankly the XI who started the match could and should have done much better, especially in a derby match. It's the manager who picks the team though, so he should be big enough to take responsibility for it.

I decided to calm down before posting on here again and I haven't read through the whole thread so sorry if I repeat a lot of what has been said.

I can understand wanting to rest players for a game that decides if we go to Wembley or not, but in a derby surely the strongest starting 11 should have been fielded?

Firstly, I can understand Hibbert and Coleman starting instead of Neville and Drenthe as Hibbert is more mobile and a local lad and Drenthe could have been a red card waiting to happen. I could also understand starting Straq if it was under the floodlights at Goodison, but at the tin mine surely a player with a touch more class should have started.

I cannot understand why Anichebe, Rodwell and Jagielka started ahead of Cahill, Osman and Heitinga. Cahill is just the kind of player you want on the pitch against them as he would have been in their face start to finish and has a knack of scoring against them. Osman was arguably our best play against Spurs and set up the goal in a very balanced central midfield pairing with Fellaini and Heitinga has been one of our players of the season. Anichebe, Rodwell and Jagielka are not match fit and to start all 3 of them is criminal.

As I said, I would have agreed starting with Coleman and bringing Drenthe on as an impact sub later on but when Drenthe came on, it shouldn't have been with Osman and Jelavic at the same time after an hour. At least Moyes tried something with a triple substitution which I don't remember him ever doing before.

Moyes' plan backfired big time last night and all he has succeeded in doing s heaping more pressure on him and the players to win on Saturday or he will have a lot to answer for.

All is not lost in this season yet, and I'm sure if you were offered a loss against Spurs and a win against the Shoite a lot of people would have taken it (even though we should be winning both FFS).

If we progress to Wembley on Saturday, things will feel a bit better, but last night was atrocious and hopefully it will be out of the players' systems by the weekend. We're on the march with Moyesies army....

(Soz for the essay lar)

Horribly depressed. Then I remind myself Moyes prioritized the FA Cup. And I kinda get it. I know that's not a favorable opinion around these parts right now, but when this loss stops running me over like a car, I'll recognize that we'll have a fresh team (minus a couple of players) for Saturday.

We better win.

I don't see anything wrong with prioritizing the FA Cup (the team better show up though).

First sadly they always do us one there and we bring out the best in them at Analfield.

Second City and UTD at gone and their is no one left that we can't beat on a neutral field (except the RS who I get the feeling will get done in by Stoke).

Third the players who really didn't show up were Fellani and Distin as Fellani/Distin combined to give up the 1st (and cost us a chance to go up 1-0) while Distin, looking 34 for the first time I ever saw, cocked up on the 2nd. That Spurs game took alot out of the players, it just did.

set the sky box to record,watched the first 5 mins,a bit peeved to see that neville wasnt in the starting line up,still kept the faith,got my jacket,went to work (taxidriver,work nights),put on the radio in car,1 nil,2 nil,3 nil!!!!!! gutted!!!!! went to the park with the dog this morning,who do i meet only a red sh1te,.......im not even gonna look at the recording.........

FFFS. pissed right off, even had to move out half due to nan being a kopite
an argument went on till today, FTRS. FT'KOPITES. an anything else red
an even worse messages none stop of them, had the sh1ts all yesterday, an today.
an even thats there fault not being sarcy either, h8 them all. except the sound ones but
even them today are ****s. is it worth getting that much stressed over them? NO...
but ffs moysey lad. what was that all about /lineup. COYB please please please. just batter sunderland
wont forgive the derby but have to keep our heads up and play what were capable of.

i think moyes and his team let Everton down last night fair enough 6 changes but fcuk me we just lay down
and let liverpool walk all over us and let gerrard who didn't get a kick all season score a hat-trick
then to make matters worse moyes brought on Jelavic,and Drenthe went the game was lost.

if he was going to just put out a weak side i rather he gave young lads a run Duffy and Barkley
i tell you they wouldn't have been any worse than Distin and Anichebe were last night.

still sore about last nights game and to make matters worse i had to look at RS going around in their liverpool
shirts and gear today thinking they had won the league moyes mightn't have gave a bollo.cks last night
but i and many more who love EVERTON FC did .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back