Liverpool council threaten legal action over Merseyside derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should have the game at 7.30 on a Saturday. No-one would drink that much beforehand for fear of not being let in, or being too drunk to focus, and the game would finish approx. 10pm leaving not that much time for post-match pub-fights.

Sorted!

I normally have alot of time for your opinions (shock and horror from some) but you dont seem to realise that having a night time kick off works in our favour ? Especially when you combine the goodison floodlights and alcahol you get a really rowdy crowd, it doesnt matter what time the game is in terms of pub fights, there is always some who will choose to get blitzed at 10 in the morning for a 3pm kick off.

I normally have alot of time for your opinions (shock and horror from some) but you dont seem to realise that having a night time kick off works in our favour ? Especially when you combine the goodison floodlights and alcahol you get a really rowdy crowd, it doesnt matter what time the game is in terms of pub fights, there is always some who will choose to get blitzed at 10 in the morning for a 3pm kick off.

This, I've been out many a time at 9am for a 12.30 derby and the pubs are fairly full then. Nothing worse than going into a derby game sober as there's been to much redshite jamminess/cheating refs/poor performances over the years.

John Aldridge was on Radio Merseyside backing the Council on this " I fear for the family going Liverpool supporters having to walk to the game while the drunken vile hooligans of Everton spit at the kids for wearing a Liverpool shirt. Just look at how they behaved in Lille attacking the police after going on a bender. It's asking for trouble in my book "

Once again, they will be the victims according to Aldo.

John Aldridge was on Radio Merseyside backing the Council on this " I fear for the family going Liverpool supporters having to walk to the game while the drunken vile hooligans of Everton spit at the kids for wearing a Liverpool shirt. Just look at how they behaved in Lille attacking the police after going on a bender. It's asking for trouble in my book "

Just checking.....he never really said this did he? Sarcasm radar a bit weak today!!!

Wonder if Aldo will be walking across Stanley Park on that day, might saunter across like.

Stop it moo inmoo in

Very different to playing midweek and playing at 5.30 on a saturday! There will be many more people smashed from being in the alehouse all day than if was midweek and there will be more disorder at this if at 5.30 on the sat.

Remember the fighting at the united fa cup game and kick offs on everton valley in 05- fair enough there was the rooney factor but this has the receipe to go the same way- not suprised they want it moved its not the friendly derby of the 80s anymore....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back