Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their bias towards reporting Liverpool first and more often makes marketing sense (more clicks per minute/papers sold and all that) but I agree that the way that they are reporting is tangibly different. It always feels a bit lazy, a bit copy and paste when it comes to us.

That sounds plausible in theory, Yorkie but in reality it has been this way since about 1990, long before the advent of "clicks per minute" and indeed online editions.

Liverpool confidential often runs unflattering pieces about local organisations, not sure if anybody there would be willing to ask the pertinent questions about EFC that so many here would like to be asked.
Private Eye often has a 'planet Football' section that exposes the financial jiggery-pokery of clubs up and down the land, though the focus there is financial, not sporting.
I don't think either institution carries the same weight locally as the SchmEcho, but somebody in the media has to ask, even if the answers are unpalatable.

Ta.
Just had a look on twitter

@GrandOldTeam has more followers than any of @livechoefc, @gregok or @prenno

Plainly the paper should represent us as a fanbase much better than it does, but they don't seem that important in the grand scheme of things.

If something happens to bring the fanbase together in some way then it looks like this place will have more influence than the Echo.

Let's be honest though, that's just as likely to be down to homoerotic sub plot as anything to do with Everton.

LOL
Echo home page now

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

M0K8oe9.png

I knew it wasn't just me who was sick to the back teeth with our 'local rag'. 28 years ago I stopped having the Echo delivered, a month later a
man from the Echo called to our house and asked why I had stopped taking the paper (I honestly thought it was one of my mates winding me up),
but it wasn't, it seems it's a common way to canvass. I explained to the man that their Conservative politics are way out of line, and that having a woman (Ann Cumming) write the Everton football report in 'The Pink' for weeks on end, but she never did the report on the RS game, my sympathies to Andy Gray and Richard Keys on this one.
Give The Echo a miss, you'll still find out the BM & Deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back