Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should set up a poll.

1. GOT with cheese. Lashed on toast.
Or.
2. The ECHO.

I wonder what the polls would say in regards to news

Note...I even spelled it with that irrelevant 'u' ffs. Red spell checking lines all over the show 'ere.
I genuinely appreciate this.

Someone should set up a poll.

1. GOT with cheese. Lashed on toast.
Or.
2. The ECHO.

I wonder what the polls would say in regards to news

Their local news is always needlessly negative, they concentrate on LFC.

I do not buy it. Why would anyone?

I genuinely appreciate this.

Their local news is always needlessly negative, they concentrate on LFC.

I do not buy it. Why would anyone?

I've seem one if their 25 page 'special editions'

Joke of a newspaper.

I never buy the echo. I come here for Everton related news.
Given some of the 'helmets' 'cockspanners' and 'bulbs' on here, coupled with the pro Martinez and anti martinez factions, kenwright is a blue Vs keeping his trainset groups, i still find this site to be more informative and as above - well balanced with differing views.

Plus nobody at the Red Echo can use the Photo shop function as well as some of our more gifted artists here.

Koff Echo Fraudo

Boooooooooo !

I remember a few years back when we had that period of not buying players because we were skint.

Dave Prentice did a strong worded report on the new executive lounge. He wrote a whole paragraph on how nice his steak was. He also wrote another paragraph on the plates.

It was like reading Brett Easton Ellis hit novel American Psycho. I half expected Dave to write about Huey Lewis and the News.

I remember a few years back when we had that period of not buying players because we were skint.

Dave Prentice did a strong worded report on the new executive lounge. He wrote a whole paragraph on how nice his steak was. He also wrote another paragraph on the plates.

It was like reading Brett Easton Ellis hit novel American Psycho. I half expected Dave to write about Huey Lewis and the News.

Oh hello, by the power of google I find the hard hitting report.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/david-prentice-visits-dixie-dean-3365210

Leeds won the league, blackburn won the league etc etc...............so what has history got to do with the current premier league......answer........ NOTHING

Please put me in my place if i am wrong, but you are either one brave Evertonian fighting the regime here or one dumbass Kopite on the wind up(if so well done because im about to bite the bait) !

From a personal point of view i see, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and City being bigger teams than us. Liverpool, Spurs and Everton are behind them. Followed by West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke and maybe Swansea. Then you have five teams below them who never really do anything, except maybe one of them will get dragged into a relegation scrap with the promoted teams.
Based on that i would say everton are between 5th and 8th in the table. Now if you said that coupled with the fact 5-8th is the general finishing position in recent years, nobody could argue really. The echo make out we should be grateful we are still in business - dont worry though Liverpool are next door for us to support if EFC go under.

Liverpool City
Liverpool Echo
Liverpool FC

Its almost a brand were Liverpool is the only thing in existance, patronising pat on the head to plucky little old Everton for hanging in there. Your answer is also a problem within itself, you seem to have fell victim that anything pre 1992 (PL inception i think) does not exist. Even so in that case Liverpool's history is pretty much non existent too i guess.

The only difference between us and Liverpool is that they have more money to piss up the wall and they may win the FA Cup once every while. Now whilst we crave a cup and also want to be a force in Europe, its safe to say that we dont want to do it like Liverpool, selling their arses to any yank that will promise them a new stadium, sacking possibly their best ever player because he never won the league - after winning a trophy and getting to a FA cup final.

Now the best way to do this is the following:

Take away LFC league titles (only PL titles count)
Take away any super cups won as a result of UEFA cup wins (only champions league count)
From the champions league wins take away any that were won when LFC werent champions (2005 for example)
Take away League cups (second rate to FA Cups).

What are you left with outside the current regime of Premier league only ?! history doesnt matter you say.
Especially from a suspected LFC fan i find it hilarious, you need history just as much as us yet according to yourself, red echo and any other 'tow the line' outlets your far superior to anyone else in the world, you utter *** insert any words here ***.

My point being that whilst i accept Everton have been poor for many years, having people like yourself (Again im not sure if your red/blue) writing everton off does us no good as it is, never mind this plucky old everton attitude being coupled with the crap like the echo print !

Im going for a lie down.

Fight the fight @GrandOldTeam ;)

Slightly away from the Football, as I've lived away from the city for years I do tend to go on the Echo website 1-2 a week to keep my eye on local issues - but its complete drivel, I dont know why I bother

Please put me in my place if i am wrong, but you are either one brave Evertonian fighting the regime here or one dumbass Kopite on the wind up(if so well done because im about to bite the bait) !

From a personal point of view i see, United, Arsenal, Chelsea and City being bigger teams than us. Liverpool, Spurs and Everton are behind them. Followed by West Ham, Newcastle, Stoke and maybe Swansea. Then you have five teams below them who never really do anything, except maybe one of them will get dragged into a relegation scrap with the promoted teams.
Based on that i would say everton are between 5th and 8th in the table. Now if you said that coupled with the fact 5-8th is the general finishing position in recent years, nobody could argue really. The echo make out we should be grateful we are still in business - dont worry though Liverpool are next door for us to support if EFC go under.

Liverpool City
Liverpool Echo
Liverpool FC

Its almost a brand were Liverpool is the only thing in existance, patronising pat on the head to plucky little old Everton for hanging in there. Your answer is also a problem within itself, you seem to have fell victim that anything pre 1992 (PL inception i think) does not exist. Even so in that case Liverpool's history is pretty much non existent too i guess.

The only difference between us and Liverpool is that they have more money to piss up the wall and they may win the FA Cup once every while. Now whilst we crave a cup and also want to be a force in Europe, its safe to say that we dont want to do it like Liverpool, selling their arses to any yank that will promise them a new stadium, sacking possibly their best ever player because he never won the league - after winning a trophy and getting to a FA cup final.

Now the best way to do this is the following:

Take away LFC league titles (only PL titles count)
Take away any super cups won as a result of UEFA cup wins (only champions league count)
From the champions league wins take away any that were won when LFC werent champions (2005 for example)
Take away League cups (second rate to FA Cups).

What are you left with outside the current regime of Premier league only ?! history doesnt matter you say.
Especially from a suspected LFC fan i find it hilarious, you need history just as much as us yet according to yourself, red echo and any other 'tow the line' outlets your far superior to anyone else in the world, you utter *** insert any words here ***.

My point being that whilst i accept Everton have been poor for many years, having people like yourself (Again im not sure if your red/blue) writing everton off does us no good as it is, never mind this plucky old everton attitude being coupled with the crap like the echo print !

Im going for a lie down.

Fight the fight @GrandOldTeam ;)

If we do nothing and continue to just exist propped up by TV money and the current commercial strategy, then before very long the 5th to 8th you mention will be gone. West Ham, yes West Ham, will be in a position to overtake us. Also, once they get their managerial situations sorted Newcastle, Villa and Sunderland are all primed to do the same.

It's critical the local rag starts seriously putting pressure on as if things continue well end up another Wolves or Sheff Wed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back