Liverpool Echo & Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ta.
Just had a look on twitter

@GrandOldTeam has more followers than any of @livechoefc, @gregok or @prenno

Plainly the paper should represent us as a fanbase much better than it does, but they don't seem that important in the grand scheme of things.

If something happens to bring the fanbase together in some way then it looks like this place will have more influence than the Echo.

A website more popular online than a newspaper? Not sure of the relevance of that.

Prentice is a decent bloke tbh, he's straight with Everton fans and he'll tell it as he sees it.

LOL
Echo home page now

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk

M0K8oe9.png

HAHAHAHA. IBRA. When will they learn that good players don't consider them worth joining anymore

Not surprising in the slightest.

You have to understand that the Echo exists to sell itself. It does this by getting news from the club, which they then print and the fans buy to read more about that news.

They can afford to print whatever the board approves, as it means they get the material they need. They can't afford to [Poor language removed] the board, as those stories dry up and they don't have the content to distribute, so can't give news to the fans.

In short, by the very nature of the business they are in, they are in the clubs pocket. Furthermore, they'll prefer Liverpool, especially online, as they have the larger fanbase and, therefore, the greater audience.

Basically, what you should be doing is not buying the rag and not visiting their website. That's the only input you can have on their business model as a consumer.

Take GrandOldTeam as an alternative - they aren't in the clubs pocket, as they have no reliance whatsoever on the club as a business source, so they can print what they like, adopt whatever position they like and so on.

This is essentially it unfortunately. There are lots of good journalists who write excellent pieces. You only need to see websites like Toffeeweb for that. The difference between being a pro journo and a columnist for a website unfortunately lies in the connections people make. By connections it means individual journalists friendships with key figures. Unfortunately as you can imagine it is a bit of a quid pro quo arrangement, that if information is fed to them, they have to write it up favourably.

I suspect as well, given that Kenwright is more locally based he exerts more influence and control, than the American based owners.

The Liverpool Echo sports editor is the one at the centre of the spiders web - John Thompson.

When staff of EFC can call direct to his dept staff then you know there is no oversight with the echo - it,s a one way street.

We need someone like David Conn to investigate the going ons at Everton.

I always remember Mihar Bose who used to be head of BBC sport question what involvement Philip Green had in Everton.

I wonder if a lot of us commented on his next article looking for him to investigate the running of Everton would it do any good. I´d love to see what he would come out with. He really knows his stuff, and doesn´t appear biased.

I wonder if a lot of us commented on his next article looking for him to investigate the running of Everton would it do any good. I´d love to see what he would come out with. He really knows his stuff, and doesn´t appear biased.

Well, it's better attempting something like this than to sit and wonder eh?

Ta.
Just had a look on twitter

@GrandOldTeam has more followers than any of @livechoefc, @gregok or @prenno

Plainly the paper should represent us as a fanbase much better than it does, but they don't seem that important in the grand scheme of things.

If something happens to bring the fanbase together in some way then it looks like this place will have more influence than the Echo.

I'd give @GrandOldTeam £20.

I wouldn't give those lot a crisp from my crisp packet if they were hungry and had no food.

The internet Nazi has banned me many a time. However, I'd still dig deep to keep the site running as:

1. Its independent. @GrandOldTeam
2. The Nazi Mods aren't all that bad. They put up with me. @Woolly Blue @the esk @roydo
3. Its x1000000000000 better coverage of Everton than the Liverpool ECHO.

That is all.

oh and 4. FFP/Finanicals and all that.
If they carried a few more local crime stories and pictures of people with Staffies, I'd come to GOT for all my local news.

If they carried a few more local crime stories and pictures of people with Staffies, I'd come to GOT for all my local news.

The fact it's all a bar Everton rather than pat pat pm head Everton are an after thought like the closet Red ECHO means I shan't be dropping my GOT subscription.

Unlike the ECHO that can go in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back